Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stands/stalls

Hi,

I'm starting to get into this Craft market malarky and have been invited to a few markets, where I need to have a stall of my own with an overhead canopy. Now I've seen quite a few now - from cheap gazebo from Asda types to "proper" market stalls.

I'm looking for advice on where to get, what type to get etc etc.

Any advice appreciated please
    www.abicabeauty.co.uk

http://www.folksy.com/shops/delpet29

For any outdoor events we did last year, we used a pop up gazebo that I had got in the sales, think it might have been around £25 - I say we but I don't do all that technical stuff, OH puts it up and takes it down for me
    He assured me that it was far quicker and easier than a regular gazebo.

I just used a couple of painting tables and covered them with a cloth.
    My funds wouldn't run to the expense of a proper stall but mine looked just fine

Comment

Definately go for the pop up one a friend and I had a tent one and what a mess we got into trying to put the damn thing up. Make life as easy as possible when going to fairs.

Comment

If you are going to be doing many outside events, it is better to invest in a more substantial stall/gazebo - I have seen too many cheaper versions smashed by our inclement weather - even in summer.

Jane
        www.just-soaps.com
        Twitter JUSTSOAPS
        FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
        Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Pop-up

I'm going for a pop-up gazebo next time, I bought a cheap tent one from e-bay last year & it broke in a bit of wind after a couple of uses. Definately a false economy!

Other traders have told me pop-up ones are much easier to put up & far more stable.

Anita
          Silvergirl
          www.contemporarycraft.co.uk

Comment

Something to think about is will you always have someone to help or will there be times when you have to go it alone. I have a metal framed market tent which is great - I even use the frame without the cover at big indoor events and can hang things from it - but I can't put it up by myself and I'm always alone. I have to rely on the kindness of strangers.

If you are going to trade outside you definately need some kind of cover. Think carefully about that too. I bought a plastic cover that just came as a huge square. Have you ever tried to wrap a 6 foot square parcel in the wind and the rain? There are easier ways to cover a tent. I'm having a new cover made using Medieval tent ideas ie. having everything in more manageable bits that fasten together.

Do you remember a couple of years ago when England was hit by whirlwinds and hurricanes? I was at a big Garden Fair. The Marquees, the pegged down tents and metal framed ones shifted but were still standing. All the gazebos had blown down and several looked very smashed to pieces. It was a very sad sight.

That's sounding a bit down! It's lovely to have any kind of shelter when it's raining and you can invite potential customers to just come out of the rain for a moment...in front of your stall .
            AnnieAnna
            AnnieAnna

Comment

Originally posted by AnnieAnna View Post
              Something to think about is will you always have someone to help or will there be times when you have to go it alone. I have a metal framed market tent which is great - I even use the frame without the cover at big indoor events and can hang things from it - but I can't put it up by myself and I'm always alone. I have to rely on the kindness of strangers.

If you are going to trade outside you definately need some kind of cover. Think carefully about that too. I bought a plastic cover that just came as a huge square. Have you ever tried to wrap a 6 foot square parcel in the wind and the rain? There are easier ways to cover a tent. I'm having a new cover made using Medieval tent ideas ie. having everything in more manageable bits that fasten together.

Do you remember a couple of years ago when England was hit by whirlwinds and hurricanes? I was at a big Garden Fair. The Marquees, the pegged down tents and metal framed ones shifted but were still standing. All the gazebos had blown down and several looked very smashed to pieces. It was a very sad sight.

That's sounding a bit down! It's lovely to have any kind of shelter when it's raining and you can invite potential customers to just come out of the rain for a moment...in front of your stall .
              AnnieAnna
              AnnieAnna
              Yes, I agree, we have a "pop up" one, but a good solid frame and it definitely needs two to put it up, there is no way one could do it. The first time I used it last year there was a strong wind and we had to fight to get the sides on, but it was great when it was up and I was nicely sheltered from the drizzle.
              Cynthia
              http://iforjonesdesigns.website.orange.co.uk

Comment

Working...
              X