Crafts Beautiful ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crafts Beautiful ??

I have just been asked to feature in an editorial for crafts beautiful magazine, but they would like me to send some products for them to photo.

Is this normal? Does any one know the magazine?

They want to feature me in the kids section, I am flattered but a little worried as surely people reading the mag will be crafters and therefore able to copy my designs rather than buy them as it were, or am I just being silly?

Any thoughts?
    Harriet

www.seasparkle.co.uk

www.thechildrensjewellerycompany.co.uk

It's an awkawrd one.
    At the end of the day be assured that Crafts Beautiful is a legit magazine that quite a few of us on here have adc=vertised with etc.

I've also had products featured and it is a perfectly normal thing to send them in to the magazine. Sometimes they send them back other times they don't.

At the end of the day by having your product featured, you my get some sales.
    Yes you may get your idea copied.

Personally I'd go for it. It's publicity and recognition of your skills.
    full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

I agree with BBD, Crafts Beautiful is definitely legit and I've had things featured in there too which has resulted in a number of sales (although I appreciate your concern as I'm selling the materials not the end products). You can always ask them to send the items back to you after they've photographed them - I've done this occasionally and they've always been happy to. Also remember Crafts Beautiful covers all kinds of crafts so for example a card maker reading it wouldn't copy but might be tempted to buy your products.
      Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Well done on getting asked to feature!
        Anywhere you have your items on display website/ fair /forum etc you run the risk of being copied - as per the example of the couture designs landing up in TopShop but I think the benefits outweigh the potential risks as you are being recognised, huge publicity and potential sales.
        All the best which ever decision you make!
        Terry xxx
        You can't have everything. Where would you put it all?" - Steven Wright
        Website Twitter Facebook Blog Folksy

Comment

Well done for being noticed - Crafts Beautiful has been running for many years, I can't remember when it first came on the market but it was more than 10 years ago.
          ElaineJ soap and other stuff
          website
          blog

Comment

Great publicity, even if a handful of people do copy your designs, it'll still result in increased interest and sales for you. I'd go for it.

Visit my blog!
            http://peggycrafts.blogspot.com/

www.peggycrafts.co.uk

Etsy shop:
            www.peggycrafts.etsy.com

Comment

Thanks for your replies!!

I have asked a few more questions and they will send the item straight back, now I just need to go and design something as they are hoping for a girls summer piece!!!

I have gone from scepitc to excited thanks to you all! LOL I'm so fickle!!!!!
              Harriet

www.seasparkle.co.uk

www.thechildrensjewellerycompany.co.uk

Comment

Well done, brilliant news! I've heard of House Beautiful, is Crafts Beautiful part of the same company do you think? If so, that's been around for years too, a great magazine...I'll have to keep my eye out for CB now
                Facebook page, Cottage Charms & Cards: http://www.facebook.com/update_secur...20677888001883

Comment

Working...
                X