Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foggy Memory!

Does anyone else have a foggy memory?

Here I am, going through the new threads & finding lots of sites to google or look at & thinking 'I'll look that up in a minute', then I go onto another thread & completely forget what site I'm supposed to be remembering & can't remember what thread I saw it in!!

I've finally decided to keep a little notebook handy ready for new items to jot down - can't rely on the old grey cells at the moment!

Sharon

You and me both Sharon! I'll open google up on a new tab to look up something and when I go to type in the search box I will have already forgotten what it was I wanted to look up

At work and at home I've got loads of notepads full of to do lists and don't forget lists. And I've recently started to send myself emails that I flag up if I need to remember to do something later.
    Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

I forget everything so have to write it down, when browsing websites I always have a pending folder in y bookmarks and put the site in there. Then I can go back and tag etc at my leisure.

Comment

foggy memory

oh I'm glad it's not just me!

I send myself emails too from work to home - they're invaluable! And have also phoned home & left myself a message on the answer machine as well!

My daughter thinks I'm mad but then she's only 36 & has all this to come - I keep reminding her she's not far off 40, it really cheers her up, not!!

I'm off to try & find a thread I saw earlier with a website I wanted to look at - better make a cup of tea & get settled down for a long search!

Sharon

Comment

Glad to hear I'm not the only one. The trouble with me is that I always think I will remember but don't. My bookmark folder is huge but I am always searching through my internet history to find sites that I forgot to bookmark.

Melanie

Comment

Same here! When I had the car accident I had a bump on the head too and my memory's terrible. Before that I didn't even use a diary, but now I can't do without pen, notepad and my filofax! When I had visits from the head injury unit I said yep, I've used a notebook but I've forgotten where I put it! Sending yourself emails and answerphone messages sound brilliant ideas, must remember to give them a go too...hopefully Mind you I've got age working against me now too, humph!
            Facebook page, Cottage Charms & Cards: http://www.facebook.com/update_secur...20677888001883

Comment

I think one of the problems today is that our brains suffer from information overload (that's my excuse anyway)

If I don't write things down it is fatal!!

I make lists, then I make lists of lists, and then forget where I put them.

Jane
              www.just-soaps.com
              Twitter JUSTSOAPS
              FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
              Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

If I don't do it when I remember it, I won't do it at all! I have the attention span of a lemur!

Comment

I keep notes by the computer too.My dad has asked on more than 1 occasion for me to tidy them up.
                  https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition

http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

Comment

Well I have to own up (for my families benefit). I have the memory like a sieve may be not a sieve and chazom. I can not remember any thing said to me 15 minutes ago, let alone websites etc. I will argue untill the cows come home. My excuse is I'm on so much pain relief it also deadens my brain.

Comment

Ha ha! I am the same. My bookmarks take longer to load and scroll down than a slow net page. I spend hours sculpting then then bake it black where I forgot all about it till I smell it grrrr.
                      Our minds are always on the next creation eh?. Well that's my excuse anyhow LOL. xxx

Folksy shop http://www.folksy.com/shops/Fairyweb

Comment

I was going to say something but I cant remember.............no wait I wrote it down.................now where did I put that paper...........Net HELP

Comment

I'm glad I'm not the only one... I have notes about my notes and some days struggle to remember where I've written things down.

I blame my medication!! Gotta blame something!!!

Comment

i am sooo glad its not just me, over the last few weeks i have been worried about my memory, even seem to forget the words i am trying to say.
                            tonight gordon had to stop me filling my wine glass with .....milk...
                            now that really is a worry

Comment

I was really angry at first and frustrated, but thankfully I can have a laugh about it now, although everyone knows I'm annoyed about it. This evening I was thinking of a word and my hubby and sons turned it into 'give us a clue'...I got there in the end, in a fit of giggles The tests I had to go through made me feel pretty weird, one of them was specific word choice, he pointed to his watch and said 'what's this' and i thought flipping heck that's easy, but could I think of the word? I went through 'twister, turner, screw thing' before getting to winder... also with his tie, I just couldn't think of the word 'knot'. The one 'psychologist' got angry with me!! I was supposed to repeat lists of words he was saying and I just couldn't...he ended up saying 'I've just told you!' and I said 'Yes I know, that's why I'm here!!' Aaaaargh... You got to laugh haven't you
                              Facebook page, Cottage Charms & Cards: http://www.facebook.com/update_secur...20677888001883

Comment

Working...
                              X