Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i can't believe how many ppl buy for grans/nans at mothers day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i can't believe how many ppl buy for grans/nans at mothers day!

Most of my sales these last 2 weeks have been for Nans/Grans for mothers day, i'm so shocked!!! i've never bought for either granny myself so its a whole new market i need to advertise for next year!!!

Must also get out more!! and maybe not be so tight lol
    Personalised gifts for all occasions 10% off for all members use code - craftforum - www.sewandsoaps.co.uk

http://www.facebook.com/sewandsoaps1

Well I guess by definition grannies are mothers too.

Having children is hereditary, if your parent's didn't have children, chances are you won't either

Jane
    www.just-soaps.com
    Twitter JUSTSOAPS
    FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
    Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

we always incuded the grannys and some people do Aunties, God-Mothers, etc too !
      Mel

Comment

mothers day is my nest big order day after xmas and i count down for then.
        Racheal
        www.soapsudsandsalts.co.uk

Comment

I do - or at least, I did when I was in the same country as my nans Good market to get into.
          "I was inoculated, very early in life, against all forms of magic and elfin whimsy, even when convincingly disguised as literature." Clive James
          Click the scales- rep points are for life, not just for Xmas!
          http://madlyswaps.blogspot.com/

Comment

well, i dont agree with buying grans. Its mothers day! Not grans day! I buy for my mother but im more or less expected to buy my daughter something to give to my mum as well ! Because my sister does it with her kids. So really its a whole big can of worms. I buy for my mum and alans mum and then i buy a gift for fern to give my mum and alans mum. Its an expensive time.

i sound like a bah humbug dont I ?
            Snowf1975

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1039948...polished-beads

Comment

I was always brought up with Mothers Day being for my own mum and Fathers Day being for my own dad... my parents bought for their parents and so on... obviously now it's my parents and hubby's parents.

There is also a grandparents day on Sunday 4th October 2009 which is when I send my gran a card and gift.

To be honest I'd rather send small gifts throughout the year because I want to than be expected to do it on a certain day as these things just get too commer******ed and lose their true meaning. Just my opinion though, and we always do buy for these events.

Comment

OMG people buy for god-parents and aunties on mothers day too
                Its good for buissness but i'm the same as fluffy squiral (sorry could have been another lady who said it) i buy grandparents stuff on grandparents day and little bits on each appropriate day in the year for each person.

Mad isnt it!!! Great for buissness tho just feel like i've been walking around with my eyes shut!! well u learn something new everyday!!
                Personalised gifts for all occasions 10% off for all members use code - craftforum - www.sewandsoaps.co.uk

http://www.facebook.com/sewandsoaps1

Comment

Originally posted by sewandsoaps View Post
                  Its good for buissness but i'm the same as fluffy squiral (sorry could have been another lady who said it) i buy grandparents stuff on grandparents day and little bits on each appropriate day in the year for each person.
                  Yeah it was me... I'm just glad other people share my opinions so I don't look tight and miserable lol.

Comment

Whilst it is great for business - I get very upset by some people who ignore their Mothers all year (I have a lot of contact with the elderly), and think that by sending a card/gift on Mothering Sunday, they have ticked boxes.
                    Some of these ladies I know never have any other contact with their children, it makes me sad and angry.

Jane
                    www.just-soaps.com
                    Twitter JUSTSOAPS
                    FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
                    Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

I have always just bought for my Mum on Mothers Day ( and MIL's , if my OH forgets !!) . My Mum bought for her Mum and MIL.
                      I have to agree with you Jane, when I used to work FT I worked in a elderly care home, Mothers Day was manic..the house was filled with relatives and their offspring, most of which we never saw from one year to the next, all clutching daffs and flowers and making polite conversation till they felt they had been there long enough.
                      Fathers Day was a virtual no show by comparisson (sp?)
                      Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes CAN change your life !!

my website http://www.ticketyboo-jewellery.co.uk
                      my misi shop http://ticketyboo.misi.me.uk
                      my blog http://ticketyboojewellery.blogspot.com/

Comment

Valentines day....mothers day....fathers day....grandparents day......it is all a huge commercial con but hands up here now......how many of you craft people would suffer as a result if they did away with these days. (looking in particular at all our card making friends
                        But if my kids were to forget about me on mothers day i would be hugely upset and trust me they did do that one year and I felt worthless. I thought to my self I do so much for them and I never get any thanks and the one day that the shops all advertise to make huge sums of money from, my children chose to ignore it.
                        I think it is lovely to remember all the other ladies in your life too. The way the family is breaking down these days some children are brought up by their Nans and Grans and Aunties. They know these ladies are not their mums so it is good that the card shops saw another reason to exploit the market and produce these cards.
                        Unfortunately for me I didnt know either of my grandmothers but if I had had the opportunity I think I would have remembered them also on mothers day....after all they were the mums of the two people I love/d most....mum and dad
                        Something Shiny Something Sparkly
                        Handmade Tiaras & Jewellery by Diana @ dizaTIARAS
                        My blog
                        Facebook

Comment

it is vey much a commercial day, but i guess good for business.

When i asked my Mum what she wanted for mothers day, every year she would say, just some peace and quiet please! I wish i still had her with me to give her the peace and quiet. I find mothers day pretty hard.
                          www.rocksforfrocks.co.uk
                          http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rocks-For-Frocks/230802980887

Comment

Originally posted by gbell View Post
                            iWhen i asked my Mum what she wanted for mothers day, every year she would say, just some peace and quiet please! I wish i still had her with me to give her the peace and quiet. I find mothers day pretty hard.
                            I would definitely second that

Comment

My 2 girs have made or bought something for Granma and then Grandad, they just always wanted to. I never encouraged them. We all were very close. Sadly they are no longer with us. The girls now really try hard for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X