What sort of crafter are you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What sort of crafter are you?

I'm not sure if this has been done before but if not I thought it would be interesting to see the results of the following poll:

What sort of crafter are you? Do you do your crafts full time, perhaps for a living? Are you a part time crafter, perhaps combining it with another job? Or are you a spare time crafter, working it around your full time occupation?

Please feel free to post anything in realtion to this - e.g. how you have managed to make it a full time thing, how you manage to juggle work and crafts - anything you like!

Let's get this thread started then...
    Full time crafter
    31.75%
    Part time crafter
    25.40%
    Spare time crafter
    38.10%
    None of the above!
    4.76%
    Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

If none of the above (I couldn't think of more - sorry, brain is too worn out!) and you're happy to post, please post what type of crafter you are here
    Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

I'm a spare time crafter although since I gave birth to my daughter almost four weeks ago any crafting has been put on hold. I'd love to be a full time crafter but with a mortgage sadly I have to work full time

Emma
      Emma

Comment

I am a full time crafter and loving every minute of it as I am following my dream, a dream I have had, I may add for nye on 30 years.

Comment

I had to vote none of the above as lately I've been that busy working six days a week, doing voluntary work 2 nights, piano lessons to practice for (taking test in a few months), doing team leading training involving lots of coursework..........
          so at the moment all my spare time goes on sleeping, eating and trying to keep on top of the never-ending housework and ironing.

I would say at the moment I only craft when i am demonstrating products at my Sunday job.
          I have joined a new craft club that started this week so hopefully I'll be doing more soon

lol didn't intend that to be so long winded!
          MISI - http://www.misi.me.uk/store_info.php?user_id=741

Comment

Hi, what a great idea for a poll
            I am pretty much full time now (well, til 3.30pm school run). I am at college on Fridays silver smithing so include that as part of my crafting too.

Comment

I'm really only a spare-time crafter. I don't have time to make a lot of cards now and I rarely do events so I just take orders and sell a few now again at a couple of toddler groups. My local farm shop sells them for me too if I've had time to make any. I really enjoy making them when I get round to it.
              http://www.stallfinder.com
              Twitter http://www.twitter.com/stallfinder

Comment

I ticked full time crafter as I'm lucky enough to work surrounded by card-making stuff every day...although it's a slight lie as often all I have time to do is work and not craft
                Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Im a full timer
                  Sarah

Comment

I'm a part timer. Made loads of cards but didn't sell many at the fairs so have lots of stock. The bookmarks & wine glass charms did well & am busy getting my www up & running. Hopefully in the future will get more crafting done.
                    My blog http://setters-delight.blogspot.com

Folksy http://www.justgifts.folksy.com

Comment

I ticked spare time crafter - at the moment I craft mainly at weekends. I would like to become a part time crafter at some point, if I can earn enough from my mosaics to be able to cover the bills if I did reduce my hours.

And then in a bout 30 years time when hopefully the mortgage is paid off maybe even a full time crafter!!!!

Unless my numbers come up on the lottery that is!!!! Hehehe!!!
                      Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

Spare time crafter.

Because I work 5 hrs a day, I don't get as much time as I'd like. Usually when I get home I don't feel like crafting at all, I'm too whacked and lack the concentration I'd need. So, it's normally on days off that I get to do anything.

lol

I'd love to do more, but such is life. I really envy the people who get to do their craft most days.
                        Rach x

Dare to dream ~ never afraid to fail.

~ Jewellery by RMC ~ Blog ~ Twitter me
                        ~ Fb business ~ Misi me ~

Comment

Part time

I've ticked part-time but that is really rounding up as my youngest daughter is only at nursery 2.5 days a week & a day is only school hours.
                          I am guiltily looking forward to Sept when all 3 will be at school & I'll have 5 full days of part time. Hopefully I will then get more jewellery made, get my website up to date & maybe even start the exercising I promised myself when I had my eldest 7 years ago!

Who knows

Anita
                          Silvergirl
                          www.contemporarycraft.co.uk

Comment

When I get time for it Which is never enough...
                            "I was inoculated, very early in life, against all forms of magic and elfin whimsy, even when convincingly disguised as literature." Clive James
                            Click the scales- rep points are for life, not just for Xmas!
                            http://madlyswaps.blogspot.com/

Comment

I just do a bit in my spare time, and then usually as presents for friends or making them greetings cards. It's rare that I sell any.
                              View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Working...
                              X