advice needed re jewellery display boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice needed re jewellery display boards

Wasn't sure where to post this so put it in general, hope that's ok.

I've got a table at a pamper day at my kids' school on 14th. It's the first time my jewellery has left the house or been seen in public, up till now have only sold to friends & family.

I've made an L-shaped display board by joining two cork type pin-boards together with hinges, but obviously they look a bit dull. For those of you who have made your own, what do you do with them. Do you paint them or cover them with fabric or fablon or some other fantastic amazing thing.

All suggestions and advice is welcome, thanks
    Elinor
    x

My Misi page
    Follow me on Twitter

ooh that's exactly how i tend to display mine.
    first time i used them tried covering them with fabric but then decided the jewellery got lost against it as it's all such multicoloured stuff.
    after that i painted the boards black and have my stuff against black only as that works much better for mine. i also just use a black cloth on the table too.
    dunno if that will help at all :S
    xx

Comment

I first started using them - I covered them with wadding, then fabric. The wadding is ideal for pinning in your bits and pieces. It acts as a cushion and I use U-pins to hang stuff.

Good luck with your pamper party
      Take care

Kathryn
      Website - http://www.lazydaisyglass.co.uk
      Blog - http://www.lazydaisyglass.blogspot.com
      Folksy http://www.folksy.com/shops/lazydaisyglass
      Etsy - http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6370100
      Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...ss/55255965842

Comment

Hi cupcake
        I did my first pamper eve this Wednesday just gone. I did the pin board covered in fabric look and it went down really well. Take a look in my albums for photos of my set up stall.
        Best of luck.

Oh and I got U-pins on ebay very cheap

Comment

Originally posted by Raffles Bizarre View Post
          ooh that's exactly how i tend to display mine.
          first time i used them tried covering them with fabric but then decided the jewellery got lost against it as it's all such multicoloured stuff.
          after that i painted the boards black and have my stuff against black only as that works much better for mine. i also just use a black cloth on the table too.
          dunno if that will help at all :S
          xx
          Thanks I have some pale blue crushed velvety stuff for covering the table, so I could use that which compliments 80% of my jewellery, some of it does need a black background, so I need to sort out an area for that. Doesn't the paint chip/peel off when you stick the pins in?

Originally posted by goldieab View Post
          I first started using them - I covered them with wadding, then fabric. The wadding is ideal for pinning in your bits and pieces. It acts as a cushion and I use U-pins to hang stuff.

Good luck with your pamper party
          Thanks What do you use for wadding? That's a good idea, before you mentioned that I was hoping that if I covered them in fabric I'd put the pins through the fabric and into the cork, is that a bad idea?

Originally posted by Hagar View Post
          Hi cupcake
          I did my first pamper eve this Wednesday just gone. I did the pin board covered in fabric look and it went down really well. Take a look in my albums for photos of my set up stall.
          Best of luck.

Oh and I got U-pins on ebay very cheap
          Thanks how did your pamper eve go? Did you sell much? Apparently there will be 2 other jewellery people there, but mine is the only handmade one. I'm a bit cross with the organiser actually, as I'm on the PTA committee she originally told me I'd be the only one. Hey ho. At least my table fee goes to the school if I don't recoup the cost, so I don't mind too much.
          Anyway, I looked at your photos, and that looks really good. I've hinged my boards in portrait rather than landscape, as I was planning to put them at one end of the table, yours looks great in the middle though, wish I'd thought of that. I just bought some U-pins on ebay, thanks for the tip on that too.

Thanks everyone you've all been very helpful
          Elinor
          x

My Misi page
          Follow me on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by cupcake View Post
            Thanks how did your pamper eve go? Did you sell much? Apparently there will be 2 other jewellery people there, but mine is the only handmade one. I'm a bit cross with the organiser actually, as I'm on the PTA committee she originally told me I'd be the only one. Hey ho. At least my table fee goes to the school if I don't recoup the cost, so I don't mind too much.
            It went fairly well thanks, considering only about 30 people turned up, I took £78. There were 4 other jewellers there! 2 in the same room as me (both hand made and cheaper than me, I did better though), one in the main hall and a bought in silver one. Dont know how they did. I guess competition is good, but there was rather a lot of jewellery stalls and it was a bit annoying!
            Good luck

Comment

Working...
            X