Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Crafters fancy a bit of shameless self-promotion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Crafters fancy a bit of shameless self-promotion?

As you may have read on a previous post, I'm putting on a market (hip hip handmade) in Northampton, It runs for four weeks and has already attracted quite a lot of press/ public interest - Please feel free to send any promo's, flyers business cards my way and I'm happy to put them out - I think one of the things we all forget, when we stress about how well the US do these things, is how incredibly good our American cousins are at networking and self-promotion - so it dosen't really matter where in the country you are from, to get more people to see your stuff relies on getting your name out
    Send any bits and bobs to:

Sally Blaise
    The Fishmarket
    Bradshaw Street
    Northampton
    NN1 2HL

And.. if you don't have the foggiest what I'm taking about... visit the Northampton Arts website

Chin Chin!

When is it?

Jane
    For his hat was a hundred and two feet wide,
    With ribbons and bibbons on every side

Comment

Every Saturday this month - yesterday was a great success, you can see some pics on myspace.com/hip_hip_handmade and northamptonarts.org/hiphip

Comment

[advise anyone clicking link to turn speakers down first!]

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=128859185

You left a bit out of your url!

Jane

Comment

As you know Jane, she wasn't allowed to put her full URL on until 25 posts. Have you ever heard of back seat moderating?

Comment

This forum is one of the most unfriendliest on the net that I have come across. I was trying to be a bit more welcoming. It is the season of goodwill even if I don't celebrate christmas myself. Her craft fair will be over at the end of the month.

Jane

Comment

Sorry if this thread is a problem I can remove it - Just thought the members of CraftsForum appreciated a bit of networking and publicity for their carfty businesses, the UK members of Etsy, Craftster, Supernaturale, CrAftermath and Get Crafty were really enthusiatistic - But maybe those forums are a bit more forward thinking and co-operative than this one.

Comment

It isn't the forum you've got a problem with Jane - it's me. You seem to have tried to buck the system since you arrived, I don't understand why - maybe your 'other' interests make you superior to us mere mortals. (I don't celebrate christmas either, but I don't shout about it.) It is not an unfriendly forum - you just never gave it chance to get to know you before you started opining on just about everything. I personally don't care what you think, but I thought it only fair that I should take the brunt of your tongue rather than the forum.
                BTW I would have PMd you, but you chose to do this in public.

Comment

Originally posted by alice View Post
                  Sorry if this thread is a problem I can remove it - Just thought the members of CraftsForum appreciated a bit of networking and publicity for their carfty businesses, the UK members of Etsy, Craftster, Supernaturale, CrAftermath and Get Crafty were really enthusiatistic - But maybe those forums are a bit more forward thinking and co-operative than this one.
                  It's OK Alice, as you can see, you are not the problem. We are very helpful when it's done the right way, but Jane is under the impression it's her forum.

Comment

I don't have a problem with you. I just found that there was a tendency for people to be off with new members without giving them a chance to really say hi. I'm just trying to join in and had no idea that I wasn't allowed to say hi to new members before anyone else had a chance. I have stopped saying hi to anyone now in deference to the heirachical system in place..

When I join a forum, I like to join in. Most forums appreciate someone who'll post reasonably frequently especially when the forum is as quiet as this one.

There are other craft forums that don't sandwich every post with adverts and remove non paying ones from members at every opportunity. I'm sure you'll be pleased for me to join one of them.

Jane

Comment

I would have expected a forum user of your experience to have already had a good look at a new forum before registering, why are you suddenly surprised at the advertising? If you look at other members sigs, you may notice they advertise their OWN sites - not a get rich quick scheme which you usually see stapled to lampposts. You are in no position to bleat about advertising - you came to this forum with the sole intention of increasing your profile, you've certainly done that. It's your decision whether to move to a more 'understanding' forum, make sure you check out their page ranking first.

Comment

I don't object to the advertising. I can read round it. I just don't see why the site objects so much to others advertising to the extent of being sarcastic when they post and having a go at other members who try to be friendly.

I am not advertising a get rich quick scheme -- unless you consider rich equates with the sums stated in my signature. I find it handy to have the odd £50 winging it's way to me every three weeks or so and if others want to do the same then they can. Or they can ignore the link in much the same way as a visitor here might read round the sandwiched adverts. I don't hold a gun to anyone's head.

You seem keen to assume that you know my motivations. I admit I was duped by this site. I thought it was for people who enjoy crafts to post on. I was wrong. I believe it's short-sighted not to be welcoming to new members; whatever you may think of them and their links and their perceived motives.

Jane

Comment

..............this is so I get the last word.............

Comment

Well any way i bought 4 xmas stockings for the cats and 1 for the dog.
                            Mollymandy

Comment

................beam me up Scotty.

Comment

Working...
                              X