Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!

Help me! I can't think of anything to cook for dinner tonight and OH is going to the shops for me at lunch time - any suggestions?
    "I was inoculated, very early in life, against all forms of magic and elfin whimsy, even when convincingly disguised as literature." Clive James
    Click the scales- rep points are for life, not just for Xmas!
    http://madlyswaps.blogspot.com/

Hi

What is your:

Budget
    Numbers to cater for
    Time available to prepare/cook
    Preference - meat/fish/veggie

Jane
    www.just-soaps.com
    Twitter JUSTSOAPS
    FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
    Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Budget - doesn't matter (fortunately)
      Number = 5
      Cooking time = 1-2hrs (I think).... I can always get the kids to do the prep before I get home.
      Preference = we're not fussy

Easy, right?
      "I was inoculated, very early in life, against all forms of magic and elfin whimsy, even when convincingly disguised as literature." Clive James

Comment

How about Stuffed fillet of pork? This is really tender and tasty:

Take a large neck fillet of pork
        Slit down the middle - open out - fill with prunes and a tiny pinch of curry powder, close up into roll again - wrap bacon round to secure, pop in oven 180 for about 30-40 mins.
        I then make a sauce with prune juice and and chicken stock and serve with new pots - with butter and parsley and vegetables.

Jane
        www.just-soaps.com
        Twitter JUSTSOAPS
        Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Sounds delicious! Haven't had pork in ages either, so will give that a go! I knew I should ask you lot

Comment

Originally posted by Madly Creating View Post
            Sounds delicious! Haven't had pork in ages either, so will give that a go! I knew I should ask you lot
            Bon apetite
            www.just-soaps.com
            Twitter JUSTSOAPS

Comment

Originally posted by greannancrafts View Post
              How about Stuffed fillet of pork? This is really tender and tasty:

Take a large neck fillet of pork
              Slit down the middle - open out - fill with prunes and a tiny pinch of curry powder, close up into roll again - wrap bacon round to secure, pop in oven 180 for about 30-40 mins.
              I then make a sauce with prune juice and and chicken stock and serve with new pots - with butter and parsley and vegetables.

Jane
              That sounds delicious!!

Comment

It was! Although I soaked the prunes in brandy first I'm not a big fan of bacon, so it wasn't perfect for me, but the family really enjoyed it and are keen to eat it again - prunes and all!

Comment

Glad you enjoyed it.

Next time try it with Lamb neck fillet, stuffed with herbs and garlic, wrapped in bacon.

Jane
                  www.just-soaps.com
                  Twitter JUSTSOAPS

Comment

Working...
                  X