Advice on Blog...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on Blog...

I've heard about and read alot of your blogs and I wondered...

* Why do you do blogs?
    * Do they work at getting more traffic to your site?
    * Where do you advertise your blog?
    * What do you write about?

I am just starting a business so am very busy sourcing suppliers and getting my catalogue produced etc etc. Would a blog help me stir up interest prior to opening my business doors in August???

Any advice welcome as a 'blog' is new concept to me!!

x
    My Blog - Neglected

My Ebay Shop -

Facebook Group - Please join

Well, a blog is free so even if you only get 1 extra customer from it, it has got to be worth it!

I cant help you about whether it brings more people to your website, as I only have a blog and no website, but a lot of the other bloggers on here have a website and/or etsy/folksy/misi shop which they advertise on their blog, so maybe they will be able to tell you?

I blog because it is strangely addictive, motivates me to craft more rather than think about crafting which I seem to spend a lot of time doing, and also because it helps me make connections with other friendly, crafty people.

You can advertise your blog on forums you go on (in your signature and also on this forum by posting in the recent blog posts section), on blog directories, put the address on business cards etc. You will also find that a lot of people have a gadget on their blog which lists the most recent posts of blogs they follow - so if you blog regularly then people will click through from there too.

Comment

All I can tell you is, whenever I visit anybody's website, I look for a blog. If there's no blog I'm not interested. I feel like I'm getting to know them more through a blog, if that makes sense?
      Gail x

My Blog: http://gailburtonart.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by onlyme View Post
        All I can tell you is, whenever I visit anybody's website, I look for a blog. If there's no blog I'm not interested. I feel like I'm getting to know them more through a blog, if that makes sense?
        Really? Thats very interesting.

x
        My Blog - Neglected

My Ebay Shop -

Comment

Originally posted by claireybear View Post
          Well, a blog is free so even if you only get 1 extra customer from it, it has got to be worth it!
          Very good point!
          My Blog - Neglected

My Ebay Shop -

Comment

Working...
          X