Botany Bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Botany Bay

I have had an invite through Folksy from a shop in Botany Bay to sell some of my stuff sale or return, has anyone else had one?

Has anyone had experience of sale or return?

Any advice would be very welcome.

Alice 21
    I started off with nothing and I've still got most if left.

www.folksy.com/shops/fluffysstuff

I would do a search for posts about botany bay. I don't think people recommended it as a good place to sell.

Melanoe

Comment

It might be just me but I would be a little cautious about doing business with people contacting you online... Especially as they want you to give them your stuff with no intial cash outlay!!

I have done sale or return but there are numerous issues to consider. I'm not trying to be too negative, its great that they like your stuff and have got in touch but I would check them out thoroughly first and if you do give them anything get them to sign a contract or something promising to pay you etc etc.

portfolio: www.suzielda.co.uk

buy online: www.mooart.com

Comment

Have you visited Botany Bay? Go and have a look and see what else in on sale as this may help you decide plus, what is the layout like and footfall?

Comment

http://www.craftsforum.co.uk/showthr...ghlight=Botany
          "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
          my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

Botany Bay is quite close to me, but in the 6 years I have lived in Lancs never been there - My o/h has been here far longer, and has a bad image of it. Given that the o/h NEVER passes up a tea or coffee opportunity it has to be bad if we dont go there!

Admittedly times change, and it may be good now, but presumably lots of locals may have lingering memories of time gone by..

Also, Botany Bay used to charge customers to go in!! (why in heaven's name would you pay to enter a retail outlet???) I see from the web they now have free entry.. but many people may not know that either!

Just some simple thoughts on SoR stock, as others have said, if you are not there to "sell" and to manage your stock, expect high losses through misplacement and pilfering. Think about it, I have a huge shop full of stuff I didnt pay for, and if I sell any I get commission.. am I bothered overly about security??? I think not..

The only way I would do SoR would be with an up front agreement, and a value placed on the stock - i.e. 50 items delivered, wholesale price £10 each.. then if there is a stock check, or you pull your stock, you know exactly how many units they should return, and they know exactly what they will pay you for any they can't account for. Do not rely on a sales report to calculate what you are owed. If they wouldn't agree to that, again, ask yourself why...

If stock is pilfered from Tesco, the wholesaler doesn't suffer the loss...

Comment

Thanks for your replies.
              To be honest I wasn't very keen on the idea, I don't have a lot of items as I am really only a hobby crafter. I'm going to email them back and say I don't do sale or return. It's not worth me driving over there as all of my items are less than a tenner and the petrol cost would wipe out any profit.

Comment

I was going to add a post saying exactly what has been said above, but everyone has got in first.

Your last post says exactly how I feel. I don't have enough stock to be able to give a retail outlet sale or return and I know my parents won't do it.

As said above, because they have no outlay, they may not be bothered if an item gets broken/stolen etc and you are not on their doorstep to keep "popping in".
                Diane
                Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

Thanks Diane

I have emailed them and said I don't do sale or return but they are welcome to buy some of my stuff from Folksy. Worth a try

Comment

Good for you, If they are interested they will soon let you know.
                    Diane
                    Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

Working...
                    X