Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roman Cart

Evening all,

I'm looking to add a shopping cart facility to my website which is run through Freewebs, and I have been looking at Roman Cart... are these compatible and how good is Roman Cart?

All advice is appreciated please

LJ xxx

I use RomanCart - the bronze (lowest paid for) and I can't remember why the free was no good without going to look.

It works and is easy enough to set up, there's a forum if you're stuck, but I've never tried any other so can't compare.

I write my own website so I can't help re Freewebs - sorry.
    ElaineJ soap and other stuff
    website
    blog

Comment

Thanks Elaine... I'm not sure what to do about it to be honest, I've been thinking about looking into it for a while and thought that I should use my "sit around and do nothing but recover from surgery" period to do something constructive lol.

Comment

It doesn't require php facilities or cgi which some carts (ZenCart for instance) do, and my ISP account doesn't have unless I upgrade - which I would if I were a bigger business. In which case it might be better for a Freeweb account than some of the others.
        ElaineJ soap and other stuff
        website
        blog

Comment

I can't remember why the free was no good without going to look.
          Could it be because you are only alloewd 10 items with the free version? It looks pretty straightforward to me as it's a hosted site, therefore doesn't require you to change the coding of your site (I read that ) so you should be able to use it? I'm going to try to add it to my own freewebs site today (freewebs is down for maintainence at the mo) so I'll let you know how I get on.

Gail
          Gail x

My Blog: http://gailburtonart.blogspot.com/

Comment

Thanks Gail. look forward to hearing how you get on

Comment

Good news Laura - the free version is compatible and pretty easy to set up! I haven't added anything permanent to my website yet, but when I do, later today, I'll let you know. The good thing is, when you've actually bought something you just click on the 'continue shopping' and it takes you straight back to your sales page! And ten items for free isn't half bad IMO, it's better than the 3 you get with freewebs.

Gail

After a bit more playing around, a good tip is to make sure your photo's are as good as you can possible get them, and try to get them all the same size. Looks much more professional that way (says the one who's rubbish at taking photo's!)
              Last edited by onlyme; 27-01-2009, 11:30 AM. Reason: Extra info:
              Gail x

My Blog: http://gailburtonart.blogspot.com/

Comment

That's great Gail. thanks, I'll definitely look into adding it to my site too

Comment

Working...
                X