My next project...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My next project...

I'm sitting here designing my next project. It's not often that I actually sit down and plan out what I'm doing before jumping in so this is a bit of a new one to me!! After asking on this forum what I could do next and having some great suggestions I sarted digging around and found a few bits and pieces that I've been storing up for a number of years with all these so called ideas floating around!

This time I've found a crucifix pendant that I got a while back. I'm going to do some decorative quilling to go with it and use the pendant to embellish it a bit. I thought it might be nice to try a modern version of what quilling was used for centuries ago by nuns.

I guess I better get back to my design I'm sketching out!
    View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

That sounds fantastic. I would love to see what quilling was used for originally. I have only ever seen it done as pictures or cards and until I saw your work, I had only seen quilling done as flowers.
    Diane
    Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

I've got bored of flowers over the years, and I like the challenge of something a bit different, so I've done lemurs, highland cows, a dragon, decorated eggs, hats, masks, made Russian dolls and also done the Coventry Blaze ice hockey team logo as a Christmas present!

Antique quilling can be found in some museums, and it was popular for tea caddies in Victorian times, before then it would have been used for religious works by nuns....
      View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

I saw your Russian dolls on one of your pages, flickr or somewhere, my daughter commented on them as neither of us could believe they were completely made out of paper.

Thanks for letting me know a bit of the history. It's great to know that old crafts are still going (and making a comeback).
        Diane
        Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

You should see what some other people come up with!!!
          View my flickr

Comment

Working...
          X