Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Done it!! Filled in My Tax Form - and guess what???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Done it!! Filled in My Tax Form - and guess what???

The tax man owes me!!! yaaaaaaaaaaa!

I knew those temping agencies were charging me too much tax when I was working in 2007 and not only am I happy that I've actually done my first tax return but its double greatness that I'm to get some back!!

oooo sooo happy am I !!!!
    Personalised Wedding Cake Toppers

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
    The tax man owes me!!! yaaaaaaaaaaa!

I knew those temping agencies were charging me too much tax when I was working in 2007 and not only am I happy that I've actually done my first tax return but its double greatness that I'm to get some back!!

oooo sooo happy am I !!!!
    Hurrah!! I'm waiting to do my tax return too (our tax year here runs Jan-Jan, so the form should arrive imminently), as I know I've botched my own PAYE all year - therefore am due a rebate!!
    --Matt

Web Development
    Beads, Charms & Findings - Jersey Craft Shop

Comment

aw, that's fantastic
      nice bonus too, to be getting some back
      http://www.samigailsgifts.co.uk/
      Handmade personalised gifts for all occasions created by the art of pyrography
      My Facebook

Comment

Nice feeling, isn't it? No matter what size the rebate is!

Si.
        Wood Tattoos
        Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
        Facebook
        Flickr
        Twitter

Comment

Yey! I wish that would happen to me!

Visit my blog!
          http://peggycrafts.blogspot.com/

www.peggycrafts.co.uk

Etsy shop:
          www.peggycrafts.etsy.com

Comment

Just a tip, if you have filed your tax return on line, you have to go into your account and request the refund, I sat there like a lemon for 6 months until I thought I would check and lo and behold there was the request button!

Comment

Originally posted by Caroleecrafts View Post
              Just a tip, if you have filed your tax return on line, you have to go into your account and request the refund, I sat there like a lemon for 6 months until I thought I would check and lo and behold there was the request button!
              Even if you don't file online, nudge them.

I only got my rebate for 2006 when I left the UK in 2008 (and even then, only because you have to file a sort of 'closing declaration' and move to a special tax office if you still remain a UK taxpayer for any reason).

Bit slack really!!
              --Matt

Web Development
              Beads, Charms & Findings - Jersey Craft Shop

Comment

I've had no problems getting what the tax man owed me each year, I have an accountant read through it and send it off and after a few weeks I get my cheque, the accountant costs me £150 and the least I have had return is £800 thats all this CIS nonsense, they get to hold my money for a year to get the interest instead of me getting it. Years ago I would hold onto my money earning interest untill my tax was due

Comment

Just spoken to th tax office and they told me that my payment has already been issued and to expect payment into my back around about the 20th of this month.. whooo hooo and I never had to plead with them to pay me...lol

Pauline
                  Personalised Wedding Cake Toppers

Comment

Turns out I didn't have to request the rebate after all - tis in my account already!
                    www.CeeGeeJewellery.com Handcrafted Sterling Silver Jewellery
                    www.EvaBeanBeads.etsy.com Handmade Lampwork Glass Beads
                    Etsy - Folksy - BLOG

Do you Twitter? Follow us!
                    Find us on Facebook! Add to your profile for news and freebies...

Comment

Working...
                    X