Directing customers to my misi shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Directing customers to my misi shop

Can anyone tell me why it is that when I put my misi shop address into my stupid computer it it brings up the craft forum and lists every post that I have replied to?????

Is this just a problem with me or is it to do with AOL/Google.

I asked Misi and they said I have the right domain address and that this is what I put on business cards, I dont want to do that if it directs people to the forum (no offence but if I didnt know about the forum and was expecting a misi shop, I would be confused)
    Diane
    Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Sounds like a computer cache issue again, a bit like your problem registering with Misi in the first place. I think it's just your computer. Clear your cache and try again. Could be AOL, don't have a lot of faith in them. Your link on your sig certainly works and takes me to your Misi page.
    Elinor
    x

My Misi page
    Follow me on Twitter

Comment

aw gawd!!! oh, wait...... just had a message from misi, she thinks its because google havent updated yet because I can get in through the address bar at the top. Suggested I try in a couple of weeks.

If not I might try deleting it from my signature and seeing what happens (dont really want to have to do that though).

Thanks anyway.
      btw what's a cache???? (sorry not very up on this computer lark!!!)
      Diane

Comment

I don't think it's anything to do with google updating. If you are on AOL that's the most likely candidate.

The cache is where the browser stores the page info of all the pages you view on the internet, sometimes it can get stuck and not refresh properly.

My OH says that AOL is notorious for cache problems, as they cache at upstream, ie at the server end (them) not the user end (you).

go to the browser top menu bar and you should find options somewhere maybe under file or tools. Somewhere in the options there will be a 'clear cache' button or similar, try clicking that first, then try finding your misi page the way you did before. If it still doesn't work then it could be at AOL's end. The clickable link in your sig on here works perfectly so I would say the issue is local to you, either on your home computer or with AOL.

Sorry to be vague about where to find the clear cache bit, but every browser is different and I don't know what you're using. I'm also in hurry because I'm in the middle of watching a programme with OH and he's waiting for me. I probably won't be back on here tonight, but I hope this will help in the meantime. Dont' panic, the link is live so you don't need to change your cards or anything like that.
        Elinor
        x

My Misi page
        Follow me on Twitter

Comment

Thank you (again) Elinor you are such a star. I will try that later.

Many thanks for all your help. (thank your OH aswell). Very much appreciated.
          Diane

Comment

Working...
          X