X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• louisebxxx
    replied
    Hi Ladies

Thanks so much for your replies. Yes, they are for my wedding in November I have seen dry embossing done before but I wasn't sure if this was it as someone on a wedding forum said they did it with heat which confused me lol

I think i'll invest in a few bits and pieces from a craft shop and give it a go. I don't have many coming to my wedding in the day time so it might be worth the effort to dry emboss then heat emboss with the powders. Obviously for my evening do i'll stick to something simple

Thanks again x

Leave a comment:

• Caroleecrafts
    replied
    Hello Louise and to the forum.

Did you want to say silver emboss the raised letters after dry embossing, if so do as Sara said do the dry embossing, then place the stencil on top of the letters (dry embossed from the back) gentle rub a versamark embossing pad over the top, this should pick up on the letters, remove the stencil then pour the powder over and heat.

Can be a bit tricky but if you practice the effect can be quite good, the only thing is for wedding invitation orders this could take ages.

Good Luck

Leave a comment:

• SaraStamper
    replied
    Hi Louise

to the forum and to embossing.

Do you mean invitations to your own wedding? If so then many congratulations.

I think that blind embossing is the print term for what we would call dry embossing in craft terms. This is where you use a stencil (often brass), a lightbox and an embossing tool (usually a ballhead stylus type tool). You put the stencil on top of the lightbox and then the cardstock over the top of that. You should be able to see the stencil through the card provided it is not too dark (and there are techniques for dark cardstock as well if needed). You then press the stylus around the edges of the stencil. When you lift the cardstock off it has depressed one side and raised the other and you can use it either way around.

If I've misunderstood blind embossing then I'm sure someone will correct me.

Good luck

Sara

Leave a comment:

• louisebxxx
    started a topic Embossing Help

Embossing Help

Hi Everyone

I'm new to the forum and also to crafting

I've just started trying to make my own wedding invitations and have done a little heat embossing. Just pretty basic stuff really. I was wondering if you could tell me if it's possible to do this yourself? I cant post any links but basically it's raised letters on a invitation. The pic I saw was on piccolopress dot co dot uk and it said it was blind embossed?

I really like the raised letters. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Louise
Working...
X