Help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!!!

Got a craft robo for christmas lucky girl. Have loaded the software onto lap top ok but it says the robo is not connected. What am I doing wrong.
    Thanks
    Sue

Hi...baby at this stuff so l'm sure someone will help soon but one question do you have XP on the laptop or win98.....XP has a problem with lots of soft ware....had similasr probs with printer and other stuff on what was a new laptop just over a year ago...good luck
    HAPPY NEW YEAR
    http://8thofthe8thofthe8th.blogspot.com/ new for 2012

http://shroshirescrappersuz.blogspot.com/ 2009-2011

Comment

Laptop is windows vista does this make a difference?

Comment

I know there were issues with Vista when it first came out with the Robo software, not sure if they have all been resolved with the new software. Have you been onto the Graftec Crafty Club website to see if there are any Vista patches to download?

It has been a good while since I have really played with my Robo so memory is a little rusty! Hope you get it sorted very quickly!

Comment

I'm waiting for my Craft Robo to arrive, should be here soon... just dreading the installation of it now after reading that there were some Windows Vista problems with it - really hope that I can get it to work on my laptop

Comment

crazycraftet, did you manage to sort it out?

Did you make sure you installed all the drivers etc as well? And made sure the leads were connected properly?

You may find that someone can help you on the forum which is sponsored by the people who make the robo www.ukscrappers.co.uk there are loads of experienced robo-ers on there who may be able to help!

Or try ringing graphtec customer service, they are back tomorrow apparently and everyone is always full of praise for how helpful they are.

Comment

I signed up to UKScrappers about a month ago before I decided to go ahead with purchasing a Craft Robo and have found lots of helpful members and tutorials on there - I'd highly recommend it. There's also a section where you can download templates on there too... I think you need to be a member for 30 days for that priviledge

Looking forward to hearing how you get on with your Robo and how easy you find it to use.

Comment

Hey Fluffy Squirrel, you did decide to get a robo in the end then?!

Im glad you signed up for uks - you will love the templates once you have been granted permission to look at them! There are hundreds and hundreds, and they are fab! But they make you lazy - I hardly ever design anything myself it is so much easier to borrow someone else's!

To save a little bit of money, dont forget you can make the carrier sheet sticky again by washing with soapy water or spraying with repositionable mounting spray. And cutting through foil a few times makes the blade a little bit sharper!

The other thing you might find helpful is that the robo probably wont cut through card even with full pressure unless it is quite thin. And if you cut with a lot of pressure it sometimes scuffs the card a bit as it cuts. The best way to do it is to do a double (or more) cut on a slightly lower pressure. Either by copying and pasting the template you are cutting so it is one on top of the other - this will make it cut it twice. Or send it to cut once, then send it to cut again (and again and again!) without moving it, and it will cut directly ontop of the first cut. This way you can try peeling up a bit of your design to see if it has cut properly (without moving it) before you cut it again. With some really thick/textured card I have sometimes had to do 5 or 6 cuts!

When is your new toy due to arrive?!

Comment

What's a craft robo??
                  Kitty11
                  http://www.craftsforum.co.uk/album.php?u=14964

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kittyx11/

Comment

Ooh dont ask that question you might find yourself wanting one!

A robo is a cutting machine that hooks up to your computer like a printer and cuts out whatever you tell it to! They are fab! The possibilities are endless - everytime I use mine I am so glad I bought it! (I did get mine second hand so it wasnt as naughty as it could have been!)
                    Last edited by claireybear; 04-01-2009, 09:28 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by claireybear View Post
                      Hey Fluffy Squirrel, you did decide to get a robo in the end then?!

Im glad you signed up for uks - you will love the templates once you have been granted permission to look at them! There are hundreds and hundreds, and they are fab! But they make you lazy - I hardly ever design anything myself it is so much easier to borrow someone else's!

To save a little bit of money, dont forget you can make the carrier sheet sticky again by washing with soapy water or spraying with repositionable mounting spray. And cutting through foil a few times makes the blade a little bit sharper!

The other thing you might find helpful is that the robo probably wont cut through card even with full pressure unless it is quite thin. And if you cut with a lot of pressure it sometimes scuffs the card a bit as it cuts. The best way to do it is to do a double (or more) cut on a slightly lower pressure. Either by copying and pasting the template you are cutting so it is one on top of the other - this will make it cut it twice. Or send it to cut once, then send it to cut again (and again and again!) without moving it, and it will cut directly ontop of the first cut. This way you can try peeling up a bit of your design to see if it has cut properly (without moving it) before you cut it again. With some really thick/textured card I have sometimes had to do 5 or 6 cuts!

When is your new toy due to arrive?!
                      Lots of helpful info there - thanks!!

I'm sure I'll be full of questions when my new toy arrives lol... I've bought mine second hand from a member of UKS who was selling hers for £100 inc P&P and says it has only been used three or four times so fingers crossed

She emailed on Friday to say my cheque had arrived and will be sending it as soon as the cheque clears so hopefully I'll get it this week sometime... I'm like a kid waiting for a new toy. I can't wait lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Fluffy Squirrel View Post

I'm sure I'll be full of questions when my new toy arrives lol... I've bought mine second hand from a member of UKS who was selling hers for £100 inc P&P and says it has only been used three or four times so fingers crossed
                        Ooh that's a brilliant price, can you keep your eyes peeled for another one, for me pretty pleeeeease

I did join, when we were talking about it the other night, but I couldn't find the section for the ones for sale

Comment

Originally posted by krafty1 View Post
                          Ooh that's a brilliant price, can you keep your eyes peeled for another one, for me pretty pleeeeease

I did join, when we were talking about it the other night, but I couldn't find the section for the ones for sale
                          If you look on the Market Place of the forum then there are quite a few for sale at the moment

http://www.ukscrappers.co.uk/boards/...isplay.php?f=4

Also, if you put a Wanted post up in the market place you'll get people pm'ing you who are selling... I've had quite a few people pm me who are all selling for around £100 so that may be worthwhile too

Comment

Originally posted by Fluffy Squirrel View Post
                            If you look on the Market Place of the forum then there are quite a few for sale at the moment

http://www.ukscrappers.co.uk/boards/...isplay.php?f=4

Also, if you put a Wanted post up in the market place you'll get people pm'ing you who are selling... I've had quite a few people pm me who are all selling for around £100 so that may be worthwhile too
                            ooh now you've got me all excited, off to have a look
                            Thanks didn't notice that section when I looked

Have just noticed your new avatar btw, it's lovely

Comment

Originally posted by krafty1 View Post
                              ooh now you've got me all excited, off to have a look
                              Thanks didn't notice that section when I looked

Have just noticed your new avatar btw, it's lovely
                              Aww, thank you... my avatar is the image that Wood Tattoos is pyrographing onto a plaque for me for my son's memorial... the image is:

UKScrappers is full of lots of helpful people and info though, I'm still finding my way about and asking lots of questions that I'm sure they all think are silly ones but they are all more than willing to help. Hope you manage to find a Robo soon - I can't wait for mine to arrive

Comment

Working...
                              X