Craft Central Has Ceased Trading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craft Central Has Ceased Trading

Just been over to our local farm market and they had a Craft Central just in the main building. A notice on the door shows that they have ceased trading and all stores have been closed. They were open last week with a sale now gone.

I think this goes to show the state of the British economy and also that maybe the market has been flooded with craft shows etc over the past few years.

Really?

I had a meeting with someone yesterday and his wife works for them and he didn't say anything........

Comment

Oh no, that was my only local craft store. How awful for the people that worked there, they were always so lovely and helpful, it's dreadful hearing of all these closures. Heard today that Whittards are struggling too.
      "Human beings, who are almost remarkable in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so" - Douglas Adams

Blog: http://janscardscraftsandmusings.blogspot.com/
      Twitter: http://twitter.com/JanJackman
      Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...6759167?ref=nf

Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

Comment

Judging by the notice on the doors, it seemed to have happened over night, if they went into liquidation no one would know until the last minute.

I agree Autumn they were local to me to and very helpful now have got to go to Havant to Hobbycraft (unless they are next).

Whittards struggling they always seemed to do well.

Comment

Looking at the forum of Craft Central it seems that some of the suppliers pulled out including Create and Craft, there is also news about the other stores.

Does anyone think Create and Craft are in trouble they seem to have a lot of massive reductions and again have not had much new for some time.

Comment

Its all a bit worrying and you really have to feel for the staff who are not aware of what is going on

Comment

Create and craft have gone back to just their TV bits so won't be selling anything through shops anymore. I work for an art and craft shop and the rep that used to come round and see us to sell their products has been made redundant! This close to Christmas as well.

To be honest they really did try and sell us some rubbish in the last couple of months, i.e stuff from wilkos (for example) that had the wilkos name printed on the packaging I mean how can you sell them if wilkos can't!
              Handmade jewellery and accessories using glass, crystals, wire and more!
              www.iridescentdesigns.co.uk

Comment

There was a Craft Central shop near(ish) to here that shut down a few months ago but we though it was simply because it was less than 10 miles away from another Craft Central and they were streamlining....now it looks like they knew they were already in the poop.

It's a real shame and a bit scary reading this a day after reading about Julesgems, I know of another previously successful online craftshop that shut recently due to the economic climate and one of my suppliers shut in the summer and I don't think they'll be the last.
                Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Originally posted by Rhiannon View Post
                  Create and craft have gone back to just their TV bits so won't be selling anything through shops anymore. I

To be honest they really did try and sell us some rubbish in the last couple of months, i.e stuff from wilkos (for example) that had the wilkos name printed on the packaging I mean how can you sell them if wilkos can't!
                  Their aftersales customer service is terrible - I'm still waiting on a reply and refund from over a month ago and to be be honest, I don't think in this unsure climate when crafting is a luxury and not a neccesity to a lot of people, companies can afford to treat customers like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Caroleecrafts View Post
                    Judging by the notice on the doors, it seemed to have happened over night, if they went into liquidation no one would know until the last minute.

I agree Autumn they were local to me to and very helpful now have got to go to Havant to Hobbycraft (unless they are next).

Whittards struggling they always seemed to do well.
                    you must live near me Carolee as these are or were my 2 local stores, I live on Hayling.
                    Kay
                    Vendi..Verdi..Visa...
                    I came..I saw..I shopped

Comment

Hi Kay

I am in Lindford about 10 miles north of Petersfield so yes we are not that far away.

Comment

I have been shopping today for last minute Christmas presents, so many shops are closing down, it was really sad.
                        Sarah

Comment

Originally posted by Caroleecrafts View Post
                          Does anyone think Create and Craft are in trouble they seem to have a lot of massive reductions and again have not had much new for some time.
                          I'd be surprised as whenever they have new stock it seems to fly out of the window, even when they say they have a massive stock, but you just never know I suppose & you're right, they have had a lot of sales recently (nothing very good either IMO)
                          "Human beings, who are almost remarkable in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so" - Douglas Adams

Blog: http://janscardscraftsandmusings.blogspot.com/
                          Twitter: http://twitter.com/JanJackman
                          Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...6759167?ref=nf

Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

Comment

Originally posted by Autumn Faerie View Post
                            I'd be surprised as whenever they have new stock it seems to fly out of the window, even when they say they have a massive stock, but you just never know I suppose & you're right, they have had a lot of sales recently (nothing very good either IMO)
                            "Create and craft" fell to bits when the boys left. It has been a shop full of low grade end of line stuff for a long time. The whole of "Ideal world" is end of line sales, last years models and stuff you can get on the high street at lower prices. I bought from the once and sent it straight back it was soooo naf.
                            "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
                            my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

I've just heard that both Whittards and The Officers Club menswear store have gone into administration, though it looks like they might have a buyer for some of the Offocers Club stores... very sad especially at this time of year.

Comment

Working...
                              X