Christmas miracle do occur!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas miracle do occur!

Last week my husband had a letter delivered from the council tax department which I could see even without opening said the 'demand' on it.

I was not looking forward to him opening it as the last thing we needed was another large bill before Christmas. (We new we had been underpaying by about £10 per month for a while).

Anyway, to cut a long story short..... it was rebate for £750!!!!. Not only that, we finally managed to rent out our house (which we haven't been able to sell) so we aren't having to pay bills on two houses. HUGE relief!

The best bit of news though is that my DH has agreed to let me use some of the money to buy my lampworking tools and kiln! Yippee!!! I'm off to the glass suppliers after Chirstmas.....
    Ashbee

"You only retire when you stop doing something you don't like and start doing something you do..."

Ooh, I'll have one of those council tax bills too please!!!!

That's great news - and congrats on getting your other house rented out!!
    Carol

Resin jewellery, encaustic art paintings & gifts | Twitter!

Comment

Oh, that is good news! Congratulations on getting blood out of a stone
      http://www.westofscotlandcraftfairs.com

Comment

I always had a suspicion that Santa was real. I love a happy ending.
        Carol
        God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Congratulations - great news especially just before Christmas!!

Comment

Brilliant news!

Linda

Comment

Congratulations, it's nice to hear good news for a change!!! See I keep telling the children that Santa is real!!
              Diane
              Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

hohoho ! Xmas has come early !

Enjoy !!!

PS, Nice one re the renting !
                Web: www.randmphotography.com
                Twitter: www.twitter.com/dolts007

Comment

Thanks guys. Opening that letter really made our day, we haven't really bought anymore pressies for the kids as we're not into 'stuff' but at least now we can treat them. I can afford to send my son to Scouts after Christmas and if he asks to do any other after school activities I can say yes. Small things, but they make such a difference.

The kids have been fantastic this year as we've had to do a lot of free days out and say no to a lot of treats. We are going to take them to one of the ice rinks in London over the Hols and have a family day out as they deserve it.

I wish everyone a wonderful Christmas - however and wherever you spend it and send thoughts of peace and joy to you all for the New Year ahead.
                  Ashbee

"You only retire when you stop doing something you don't like and start doing something you do..."

Comment

Working...
                  X