Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• London!

Hiya
    I am moving from Gibraltar to London in February and need to know the answer to the most important question.

Where are all the craft shops???!!!

We will probably live north of the river, within 10 miles of Whitehall, haven't got a house yet so don't know exactly. Also looking for craft clubs/groups, such as cardmaking, or scrapbooking in the area.

Thanks in advance

A very excited to be moving Sally xxx
    Sally

Please visit my blog
    Twitter URL

Hi Sally,

London's not as well equiped with craft shops as you might imagine.

If you're into cards, scrapbooking etc, Blade Rubber Stamps in Bloomsbury is excellent. And you'll be here in time for the Big Stamp and Scrapbook Show at Ally Pally in April, one not to miss.

Good luck with your move, the weather here is grim in Feb, I'm sure I'd rather be in Gibralter then Seriously though, I hope all goes well for you. Definitely go north of the river (not that I'm biased or anything, being a north Londoner born and bred )
    Elinor
    x

My Misi page
    Follow me on Twitter

Comment

Hi Cupcake
      Thanks for your extraordinarily speedy reply!
      I did hear the same thing today from the lady that owns the 1 craft shop in this tiny place! I have made a note of the place you mentioned and will endeavour to check it out. Also noted the show how exciting! I am gonna try and get to the shows at the Olympia on the 19th & 22nd March.
      We are RAF so will probably end up anywhere between Northolt and Whitehall, whatever accomodation they can find us!
      Really looking forward to it!!
      Thanks again!
      Sally

Please visit my blog
      Twitter URL

Comment

I'm sure you'll be fine wherever you end up, Northolt's fairly west, Whitehall very central and not very residential, you could end up living almost anywhere, exciting though.

I'll have a think and see if I can come up with any more good shops for you to investigate when you get here. Will you be staying for a few months or a few years? Or don't you know?

I've just noticed the time, I really should go to bed. PM me if you have any specific London related questions before your move.

Take care,

Elinor
        x
        Elinor
        x

My Misi page
        Follow me on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by cupcake View Post
          I'm sure you'll be fine wherever you end up, Northolt's fairly west, Whitehall very central and not very residential, you could end up living almost anywhere, exciting though.

I'll have a think and see if I can come up with any more good shops for you to investigate when you get here. Will you be staying for a few months or a few years? Or don't you know?

I've just noticed the time, I really should go to bed. PM me if you have any specific London related questions before your move.

Take care,

Elinor
          x
          We should be staying til Nov 2012, so after the Olympics! But you never know, we may get moved on if he gets promoted etc.
          Yeh I just noticed the time too, we are an hour ahead of you! 2.02am, lol. Nite!

Sally x
          Sally

Please visit my blog
          Twitter URL

Comment

Is there anyone here from London who goes to or holds craft sessions/groups, or crops or anything?
            Sally

Please visit my blog
            Twitter URL

Comment

Hi there. I live in London too and have recently started making jewellery from beads. I have always been creative and done my own scrapbooking and have been doing graphic design projects privately, but it became a bit stressful as I have a full time job too. I started doing the beading to give me some more creative inspiration and am really enjoying it. I'd be interested to know where to go to workshops and courses too. If I find anything, I'll post it here to share with you!

Good luck with your move. You sound excited!

Comment

Originally posted by skylover View Post
                Hi there. I live in London too and have recently started making jewellery from beads. I have always been creative and done my own scrapbooking and have been doing graphic design projects privately, but it became a bit stressful as I have a full time job too. I started doing the beading to give me some more creative inspiration and am really enjoying it. I'd be interested to know where to go to workshops and courses too. If I find anything, I'll post it here to share with you!

How lovely, we recently had a beading demo at the craft club I run here. Made a little santa head, tree and angel out of seed beads and wire. I would love to do jewellery!.

And thank you, yes! Very excited indeed! Can't wait!
                Sally

Please visit my blog
                Twitter URL

Comment

Originally posted by skylover View Post

Hi all, I'm in London too. Learnt little bit a bout beads ages ago and now starting again. I could join any workshops etc too. Maybe we could find a a one for us.

Jen

Comment

I hope your move goes smoothly.
                    Being a North Londoner myself originally I am now SE London / North Kent and the groups here seem very 'closed shop' so I have not found any to join. Everything I seem to want to do is W or SW so I am sure you will find something fab.
                    Terry xxx
                    You can't have everything. Where would you put it all?" - Steven Wright
                    Website Twitter Facebook Blog Folksy

Comment

Working...
                    X