Why no reply

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why no reply

When somebody buys something from me I send an email to say thatnks for payment and can you confirm your delivery address and il post it asap.

Why do so few people get back to me to confirm it!!!Some people would still be waiting if I hadnt decided to just send it.

Does this happen to anyone else?
    https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition

http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

I get that sometimes.
    Even when the address on say paypal and ebid or ebay are different - so I don't know which to send to - very frustrating!
    http://www.samigailsgifts.co.uk/
    Handmade personalised gifts for all occasions created by the art of pyrography
    My Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Seahorse View Post
      When somebody buys something from me I send an email to say thatnks for payment and can you confirm your delivery address and il post it asap.

Why do so few people get back to me to confirm it!!!Some people would still be waiting if I hadnt decided to just send it.

Does this happen to anyone else?
      Very frustrating - but very common!

I would probably suggest going down the road of getting them to put the delivery address into your site as well - and/or putting a prominent note saying "We will send to address xxx, if confirmation is not received" (e.g. your PayPal delivery address).

Nothing worse than things like this which use up valuable time!
      --Matt

Web Development
      Beads, Charms & Findings - Jersey Craft Shop

Comment

i would agree with Matt on this one. Just state that unless otherwise directed items will be sent to paypal address or whatever.

Comment

We got this a lot also when selling things on E-Bay - it really frustrates us!! We take the time out to send them their invoice and tell them when to pay buy but they can't spend 2 minutes saying Thank You or we will pay you on such and such a date! If we didn't send the invoices though, we would get told that we weren't being resonable and that it was all our fault!

Sometimes it can take up to a week for people to reply and sometimes, people don't reply at all. It's very confusing and frustrating. I'm sorry that you have to deal with this also - just know that you aren't alone and we all understand!!

Comment

It would drive me potty to have to reconfirm delivery details after something has been paid for - the delays would be so frustrating! I have a problem at the moment where a delivery came back as "not known at this address", and although I've emailed the customer asking where it should be sent, they haven't got back to me. So now I have this necklace that has been paid for (so I daren't put it back on the website), but I don't know where to send it! The poor thing is homeless....
            www.CeeGeeJewellery.com Handcrafted Sterling Silver Jewellery
            www.EvaBeanBeads.etsy.com Handmade Lampwork Glass Beads
            Etsy - Folksy - BLOG

Do you Twitter? Follow us!
            Find us on Facebook! Add to your profile for news and freebies...

Comment

Poor homeless necklace!

This is one of the facts of (e)Commerce, really - the customer will jump up and down on you like crazy if a problem is your fault, but quite often causes problems through their own fault.

Make sure your T&Cs cover you adequately (e.g. we will email you in the event that we are unable to deliver goods - if no response is received within X days we will do Y).

Also try to make sure you capture enough information - we don't tend to capture telephone numbers (partly because I sometimes object to putting mine in!), but we do require billing/payment address - which is used for AVS checking with our payment provider - using PayPal makes this trickier, admittedly

Confirmation emails are largely automated - and tend to warn customers that they need to tell us if details are incorrect (thereby the assumption is that the details ARE correct until we are notified otherwise!).

At the end of the day though, you can only do SO much to provide a good service - my advice would be: don't stretch it too far (e.g. so far that it becomes a serious burden), because of the odd silly billy being involved!
              --Matt

Web Development
              Beads, Charms & Findings - Jersey Craft Shop

Comment

Hmm, I think I will add a bit onto the bottom of my business emails.
                Thanks one and all.
                https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition

http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

Comment

Working...
                X