superstitions for 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• superstitions for 2009

Hi.Truly speaking I am not SO superstitious but this year decided to comply with some "rules" and hope new 2009 year will be better than 2008 So, recently i read that in order to have money in new year. it's recommended to pay off all our debts (but it's not so easy as it seams to be), to love and be loved, or be surrounded by people who love you, it is recommended to wear something red.What superstitions do you know for new 2009 year?
    My site

my flickr.com/photos

it seems I am the most superstitious women here
    My site

my flickr.com/photos

Comment

1st Jan I take the mirror of the wall and throw it out the bedroom window,take a long walk (stepping on every crack in the pavement) until I find a black cat, which I force into walking in front of me, untill I find a pair of magpies who I dont say "good morning Mr magpie" to
      Then I throw my head back and shout

"COME ON THEN, LETS SEE WHAT YOU CAN DO THIS YEAR TO MAKE IT WORSE THAN THE LAST"

And every year just keeps getting better

Comment

I think I'll try Urbtaf's theory - next year couldn't be worse than this one was
        www.corrigancards.com

A mind is like a parachute........it only functions when open

Comment

Originally posted by urbtaf View Post
          untill I find a pair of magpies who I dont say "good morning Mr magpie" to
          That's where you're going wrong, you only need to say "good morning Mr Magpie" if he's by himself - if there's a pair then that's ok....although I'll often say hello to mr & mrs magpie just to be friendly

Shame it sounds like so many of you had a crappy 2008 so here's to the next which can only be onwards and upwards
          Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Originally posted by mandarine View Post
            Hi.Truly speaking I am not SO superstitious but this year decided to comply with some "rules" and hope new 2009 year will be better than 2008 So, recently i read that in order to have money in new year. it's recommended to pay off all our debts (but it's not so easy as it seams to be), to love and be loved, or be surrounded by people who love you, it is recommended to wear something red.What superstitions do you know for new 2009 year?
            Just reread this and noticed the wear somthing red bit. Im in the middle of reading a book that the american indian nations have written. To dispel the myths about their customs and useage of stones and herbs they have released their untill now secrets!
            One is the use of a bright red cloak thrown over the compleat body, to protect the wearer from evil thoughts and to protect from the vibrations of crystals. Also a rock crystal wrapped in a red cloth would be carried into battle so if killed it would light the way for the soul to reach the great beyond.
            You just might be onto something

Comment

Ive been trying to get out of the silly superstition of saluting a single magpie when I see it.
              The other day I had to do something which I knew was going to be awful, I saw a single magpie and thought whats the point in saluting it, so I didnt.
              The thing I was dreading was fine and as far as I can recall nothing majorly bad happened that day so slowly but surely Im trying to rid myself of silly superstitions.
              Hopefully next year will be better for me.....touch wood.......doh!!
              https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition

http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

Comment

So maybe I should put a bit of rock crystal in red cloth in my handbag just in case?! Have already got citrine in my purse and cash box and it hasn't really had the desired effect .
                www.CeeGeeJewellery.com Handcrafted Sterling Silver Jewellery
                www.EvaBeanBeads.etsy.com Handmade Lampwork Glass Beads
                Etsy - Folksy - BLOG

Do you Twitter? Follow us!
                Find us on Facebook! Add to your profile for news and freebies...

Comment

But is it real citrine, or the yellow stuff that everybody sells as citrine which is really heat treated amethyst?
                  Real citrine is like clear rock crystal untill you look very close then it has a yellow/browny color to it.
                  Yes it is legal to call the yellow stuff citrine as the chemical makeup is the same.

Comment

Just reread this and noticed the wear somthing red bit. Im in the middle of reading a book that the american indian nations have written. To dispel the myths about their customs and useage of stones and herbs they have released their untill now secrets!
                    One is the use of a bright red cloak thrown over the compleat body, to protect the wearer from evil thoughts and to protect from the vibrations of crystals. Also a rock crystal wrapped in a red cloth would be carried into battle so if killed it would light the way for the soul to reach the great beyond.
                    You just might be onto something
                    uau, cool, so interesting.As I know old nations were more superstitious than we are today.
                    My site

my flickr.com/photos

Comment

Originally posted by mandarine View Post
                      uau, cool, so interesting.As I know old nations were more superstitious than we are today.
                      Or maybe they knew more than we do now

Comment

Or maybe they knew more than we do now
                        I am sure they knew much more.Even nowadays we have tribes and they have same style of life as our ancestors.They keep their secrets for centuries and only those who live in that tribe can understand and know them.They have a very interesting tradition,culture and... superstitions
                        My site

my flickr.com/photos

Comment

and don't forget to put a present for Santa under Xmas tree and he'll visit next year too HOHOHO
                          My site

my flickr.com/photos

Comment

Working...
                          X