Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you do?

Hi

I sell my jewellery online and had an order last week. It has all been paid for but they didn't state which size of bracelet they wanted (they ordered 2). I have emailed them twice to try and find out, but they have not replied. I really want to get this order off, a) Christmas post, b) to look professional.
    My business is children's jewellery so the size is important, too small = no good, too big and it falls off.
    Shall I just send the biggest size and a note to explain, should I just send the necklaces, plus a note to contact me about bracelets (but then I get 2 postage costs) or should I just wait?

Harriet
    Harriet

www.seasparkle.co.uk

www.thechildrensjewellerycompany.co.uk

tricky one!

Personally I would send the middle size but then I like to hedge my bets
    Ren x
    www.urbanangelz.co.uk
    12High Street, Middleton Cheney, Oxon, OX17 2PB

http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php...25898137455617

www.twitter.com/urbanangeljewel

www.blogger.com/urbanangeljewellery

Comment

My usual response in this situation is to go to BT.com and try to find the telephone number.
      If you can't find that, I's send the middle sized bracelet and be prepared to exchange it.
      full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

customers are always forgetful, on my website store sometimes they pay but forget to finish the order process, if i don't remember to remind them they will never do that until a long time later, maybe one month later , they suddenly asked "where are my products"?
        so i have to prepare two mind.
        If one is not a gardener, then one does not have a gardening website to promote.

Comment

Personally I would make the smallest size but with an extender chain!! OOh I've just noticed this is my 999th post ..I'm all of a quiver now..hehe
          www.littlebead.blogspot.com
          www.twitter.com/littlebead

Comment

Originally posted by LvUEudora View Post
            customers are always forgetful, on my website store sometimes they pay but forget to finish the order process, if i don't remember to remind them they will never do that until a long time later, maybe one month later , they suddenly asked "where are my products"?
            so i have to prepare two mind.
            This isn't always forgetfulness sometimes I have been online shopping and it's not untill the final stages it says pay via pay pal. a company I flatly refuse to have any further dealings with, so I just leave it an look elsewhere

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by shiner View Post
              This isn't always forgetfulness sometimes I have been online shopping and it's not untill the final stages it says pay via pay pal. a company I flatly refuse to have any further dealings with, so I just leave it an look elsewhere

Thanks to all, he actually replied at long last, last night!

Sorry Shiner, you won't be buying off me then, as I only have paypal on my site. I was just wondering why you dislike them so much, I have never had any probs with them
              Harriet

www.seasparkle.co.uk

Comment

Oh I had to look for shops that used paypal to buy my plier set.
                my blog: http://debsjeans.blogspot.com/

Facebookhttp://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pa...ls/48962246861

my misi.me http://www.misi.me.uk/store_info.php?user_id=879

Comment

I too would have made the smallest size and used an extender chain.

I can understand your reluctance to use them if you're selling because of their high charges but from a buyer's point of view they are just as good as using a credit card. In the event of a dispute, they nearly always come down on the side of the buyer.

Just another point, I often change my mind when buying over the internet but rather than just leave a site, I usually go back and empty my shopping cart first then the seller isn't left confused.
                  Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

i would send the middle size with a note.

Can i ask what sizes you use for kids bracelets. I always seem to get mine to big or too small!!!! And do you go by ages?
                    Snowf1975

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1039948...polished-beads

Comment

Hi

sizes are as follows

up to 6 months 4inch
                      6-18 months 4.5 inch
                      18ths - 3 years 5 inch
                      3years- 5years 5.5 inch
                      5years - 10/12ish 6 inch

hope that helps

Harriet
                      Harriet

www.seasparkle.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by hdflred View Post
                        Hi

sizes are as follows

up to 6 months 4inch
                        6-18 months 4.5 inch
                        18ths - 3 years 5 inch
                        3years- 5years 5.5 inch
                        5years - 10/12ish 6 inch

hope that helps

Harriet
                        Sorry to hijack your thread, but what size would you do for a 12 year old? I've been asked to make a bracelet for a 12 year old for a Christmas present but I don't know the child. Based on your above chart I would say 6.5 inches, would that be right?
                        Elinor
                        x

My Misi page
                        Follow me on Twitter

Comment

Cupcake I would go for 6 and a half inches. HTH.
                          www.littlebead.blogspot.com
                          www.twitter.com/littlebead

Comment

Cupcake if it is a design that would look ok with an extender I would go for 6.25 plus extender. I know some 12 yr olds that are big as grown ups and others that are stick thin.
                            Last edited by debsjeans; 11-12-2008, 09:49 PM. Reason: typos
                            my blog: http://debsjeans.blogspot.com/

Facebookhttp://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pa...ls/48962246861

my misi.me http://www.misi.me.uk/store_info.php?user_id=879

Comment

Originally posted by cupcake View Post
                              Sorry to hijack your thread, but what size would you do for a 12 year old? I've been asked to make a bracelet for a 12 year old for a Christmas present but I don't know the child. Based on your above chart I would say 6.5 inches, would that be right?

Hi

6.5 inches is really quiet big. I don't suppose there is any way you can get a measurement? I work on actual wrist size plus 1/2 an inch.

I can get a 6 inch round my wrist (albeit tight) and I wouldn't say I was a slight person. 6.25 would be better I would think.

Good luck

Harriet
                              Harriet

www.seasparkle.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X