Getting a bit frustrated...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting a bit frustrated...

...at the lack of interest my mosaics are getting at the moment. No sales as yet on Ebay or Folksy .

I found that is was the same this time last year, and that I did well sales wise after Chirstmas rather than before. Maybe it's just that people have some Chirstmas money to spend in January? Hope so!

Sorry, just feeling a bit sorry for myself . Doesn't help that there are lots of things on Folksy I want to buy but without sales I can't buy anything!!!

How is everyone else finding things sales-wise at the moment?
    Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Your mosaics are great - what you might find is people are tending to buy them for themselves rather than gifts - a bit like ow that would go lovely in my bathroom kind of thing. Maybe that's why you take a dip at christmas and pick up again after it!!! Take heart you know your mosaics are great and will whiz out the door come January

Cheers.

Lisa

Bowed Over
    Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
    www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

I knew there was something I'd forgotten to do.........................sell! I can sum it up in four words - see, arr, ay, pee! Work that one out yourselves!

Comment

Ebay is hopeless atm. I had my paintings on for a month, nothing and then someone emailed to ask if I would drop my price on one of them. I said I couldn't but offered her a smaller size, she came back and said it was out of her budget - my work isn't even expensive.

Folksy is quite new, I think it needs time to get going. I would concentrate on your website in quiet times. If you haven't got a blog I would recommend it to get traffic through to your site. I am finding sales reasonably good atm, but they're coming through my website.
        You could put together a newsletter and send it to previous customers to remind them. Use the quiet times to promote yourself.

Just to add, your mosaics are great and you've sold them well in the past, so there is no reason why they wont keep selling. I think Lisas right that maybe people buy them after Christams as a treat for themselves.
        Amanda
        xx

Comment

I have been advised that my previous post was 'ambiguous', and could have sounded as if I was calling Katianne's designs crap. If it came over as such..............I am losing my eloquence. It wasn't !

Comment

Originally posted by Peter View Post
            I have been advised that my previous post was 'ambiguous', and could have sounded as if I was calling Katianne's designs crap. If it came over as such..............I am losing my eloquence. It wasn't !
            LOL!!! It's ok, I only got half way through the box of tissues
            Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

I know what you mean about shopping on Folksy - I've had no sales there yet but bought another 3 things yesterday! I favourited your shop this morning coincidentally, your mosaics are great. As someone else mentioned though, it's the sort of thing I'd buy for myself (am thinking kitchen clock ) rather than as a gift, so maybe that's why you're finding the pre-Christmas sales are slow.
              www.CeeGeeJewellery.com Handcrafted Sterling Silver Jewellery
              www.EvaBeanBeads.etsy.com Handmade Lampwork Glass Beads
              Etsy - Folksy - BLOG

Do you Twitter? Follow us!
              Find us on Facebook! Add to your profile for news and freebies...

Comment

Originally posted by Katianne View Post
                I found that is was the same this time last year, and that I did well sales wise after Chirstmas rather than before. Maybe it's just that people have some Chirstmas money to spend in January? Hope so!
                Interesting... maybe they do well after christmas because people start decorating projects that they've put off until after christmas and thats when there is loads of big sales on at the DIY stores for things like bathrooms/kitchens..
                Mel

Comment

I agree I think when people start thier New Year spending on the home to cheer them selves up a bit, business will pick up.
                  Sarah

Comment

I hope things pick up for you soon, I cant offer any comparisons for the past 14 months since I've been on the sick DWP have taken any excuse to try to force me into poverty so I've not advertised or activly promoted my work, just waiting for my op and then retraining because I can no longer do my old job, hopefully then I can get back to earning some money

Comment

Working...
                    X