Chain Q again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chain Q again

Being that il have a lot more pendants than necklaces for sale at this craft fair should i bring a fair stock of chains?

I dont really want to start buying loads of sterling silver chains though as they cost a bomb and i need the money for other things. Would silver plated ones be enough? Or should i offer free thongs or something with the pendants. Only thing with that is that they dont quite go with my stuff.
    Handmade Embroideries and Tapestries - Greentree Crafts on Facebook Etsy Shop Instagram

I carry a selection of sp / gp chains in various sizes and usually a couple of 16" /18" and 20" in SS. Ususally people want the SP. (but that's just my customers, yours may be different)
    I also have a selection of thongs in various colours and sizes. I think the clients actually like to choose how to present the [endants/ thong/chains. Some people even buy a chain and a thong to give variety.
    full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Yep I do the same as BBD, give them a choice

Also I sell the pendants on their own, some people don't need a necklace for them
      www.beadlab.com

Comment

people can somtimes be put off buying a pendant they like because the cost with a ss chain puts it beyond their reach. most people have a chain they can use, but it is good to have the option for those that want it maybe as a gift. so you could have a small selection for them.
        not that i have sold any just a thought as a buyer

Comment

I tend to sell my pendants on a leather/cotton thong or silk ribbon, with the option of an upgrade to a ss chain.

With the thongs, I keep a stock with one end unfinished so the customer can have exactly the length they want, which seems a popular option.
          george
          www.mizgeorge.co.uk
          www.etsy.com/shop/mizgeorge
          www.flickr.com/mizgeorge

Comment

Hmm.....

I think il bring a couple of SS chains in all different sizes. I think il go by the number of pendants i actuially make! I seem to be making more SP but only because i have the wire handy. Im ordering the SS wire so will make more SS stuff.
            Handmade Embroideries and Tapestries - Greentree Crafts on Facebook Etsy Shop Instagram

Comment

I usually have a few sterling chains in stock 18" and 16" but I have only sold one sterling chain in the last 6 months. Most people are happy with a thong which I have made up in a variety of colours to match my pendants. As well as the faux suede I have some leather thong in black, cream and silver which goes with most things.
              I tell people that they get a 'free' thong although the cost is added into the price of the pendant. If they want a sterling chain I add that onto the pendant price.
              I also display pendants on both and if they want one of the others I just swap the pendants over while they wait.

Melanie

Comment

Working...
              X