Gift boxes - help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gift boxes - help!

I'm looking for some "cheap but nice" gift boxes and I'm struggling to find anyone selling the sizes I'm after

I managed to get a few in town today, but the shop selling them didn't have very many.

The sizes I need are:
    15cm x 15cm x 6cm
    15cm x 15cm x 9cm
    15cm x 10cm x 4cm

Either decorated or plain white/ivory etc. would be perfect... and ideally around £1.50 or so each (that's what I paid in town today).

Does anyone know anywhere I can get these online maybe??? Have tried Google but found only boxes that were either too small, too big or too expensive!

EDITED TO ADD: Have found some more locally! Ta, everyone!
    Last edited by cbld; 29-11-2008, 05:49 PM.
    Carol

Resin jewellery, encaustic art paintings & gifts | Twitter!

Have you tried the tiny box company?
    flickr
    blog
    my website
    etsy

Comment

can you not make them yourself?
      www.corrigancards.com

A mind is like a parachute........it only functions when open

Comment

Originally posted by gigglinggoblin View Post
        Have you tried the tiny box company?
        Thanks - I had a wee look and they've got some that are the right size but they're £2.50... will keep them in mind if I can't get any more locally!!

Originally posted by Pagan View Post
        can you not make them yourself?
        How easy are they to make?! Am quite short of time at the moment! Can you recommend materials etc. at all? They need to be rigid boxes, so I guess that'd either have to be very thick card or several layers?
        Carol

Comment

there is a shop on ebay called packaging world or my world:mm_world.
          pretty decent boxes and you should be able to get them from about 35p
          upwards. i have used them and have been pleased, the bracelet boxes are great.

Comment

Thanks just sally!

Unfortunately I don't think their boxes are quite deep enough for me, but their prices are certainly good!!
            Carol

Comment

gift boxes

i got lovely gift boxs from TJS they arranged from 99p to 1.25p and they are different sizes worth a look.

Comment

I use mid pac - they have jewellery boxes which are really quite rigid (they can withstand my mum standing on top of them anyway)

Most of the boxes are available in different sizes so have a look around - I hope it helps

https://www.midpac.co.uk/
                My Website www.rheadesigns.co.uk

My Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dumfri...4443824?ref=ts

My Blog
                http://rheadesigns.blogspot.com/

Comment

What's TJS

Mid pac look PERFECT - thanks for that link!!
                  Carol

Comment

Glad to have helped!

Their delivery can be quite high though - it costs about the same to buy 15 boxes as it did to buy 1, so I stocked up I use the large square jewellery boxes to make personalised tiara boxes for brides - they are very popular. Extremely good quality too, These come ready made for you - some of the flat pack ones aren't so thick.
                    My Website www.rheadesigns.co.uk

My Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dumfri...4443824?ref=ts

My Blog
                    http://rheadesigns.blogspot.com/

Comment

Bathstreetboxes do bespoke and very reasonable. /also was in the pound shop and they have lovely hand embroidered ones for "£1" in different sizes

Comment

I need some help !
                        Due to the name of my business I have worked very hard to add little touches to everything i do (not the things I make, i hasten to add, but my stationery, envelopes used, bags I sell things in etc) in hot pink Its my trade mark.
                        Now I have decided next year having read quite extensively on here about tarnishing and for various other reasons to move over to doing the bulk of my jewellery in boxes, hoping it will save on setup time for fairs,as well as keeping things in better order.
                        This is probably more of a personal thing I suspect, but does anyone think that boxing up everything I sell in hot pink boxes is going to have an impact on my sales/potential customers?Black is so classic (aka boring ) but it is much simpler as far as giving people choice (or not) goes.......
                        any suggestions?
                        I craft, therefore I am!
                        for hotfoiled cardmaking goodies
                        www.fuchsiafairy.co.uk
                        now Live get your supplies here

Comment

I'd prefer hot pink to boring black, but others might think different. You could give the buyers a choice of either one I suppose?
                          Gail x

My Blog: http://gailburtonart.blogspot.com/

Comment

thanks!
                            I've just found a great site with some lovely hot pink items,altho they have a logo on but I have a plan
                            I suppose if I got some black ones 'just in case' then i wouldn't have to buy loads,just enough as a backup and spend lots instead on nice hot pink things hehe
                            I craft, therefore I am!
                            for hotfoiled cardmaking goodies
                            www.fuchsiafairy.co.uk
                            now Live get your supplies here

Comment

Working...
                            X