Can you put a price on it???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you put a price on it???

I'm worrying a bit at the moment about the price of my mosaics, in that they may be priced too highly and put people off buying. I have put my prices up on a few of my mosaics since last year, and now I am having a bit of a worry about it.

At the moment, I charge £30 for my 32cm round mirrors, £35 for my clocks and £40 for my 40cm round mirrors and my 38cm square mirrors. I am also going to make some 28cm round mirrors, which I was going to charge £20 or £25 for (not sure yet, they are 2 tiles wide as oppose to my standard 3 wide).

Can you give me your opinions please? Am I on the right lines or should I charge a bit less? I am worried about putting people off you see. If this is the case I would rather charge a bit less but increase my chances of selling more.

When I price I basically work out cost of materials and then add in the time it's taken me to make each mosaic, so i think I am ok in how I'm working it out, although if charging less would mean more sales I'd be prepared to reduce some of my prices.
    Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

I personally think that your prices seem very appropriate and reasonable.

Si.
    Wood Tattoos
    Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
    Facebook
    Flickr
    Twitter

Comment

All I can say is they look very much worth it to me! Have you tried googling to see if there are any others similar to compare your prices to?
      Gail x

My Blog: http://gailburtonart.blogspot.com/

Comment

I'm no expert, but I wouldn't have thought your products are overly expensive at all - looks to me like they're worth every penny.
        Carol

Resin jewellery, encaustic art paintings & gifts | Twitter!

Comment

Hi Katie

I really think your mirrors are well priced, you can pay those sorts of prices just for a decent wood framed mirror, never mind the cost & time & skill involved with the mosaic.

I found this website and her prices are much higher than your and IMO aren't any better.

I think your problem is that when money's tight, your items are a luxury and that's where people cut back first. But I think your prices reflect the quality of your products and are more than reasonable.

We're hoping after Christmas (depending on DH's bonus) to do up our en-suite bathroom and I know where I'll be coming for a mirror
          "Human beings, who are almost remarkable in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so" - Douglas Adams

Blog: http://janscardscraftsandmusings.blogspot.com/
          Twitter: http://twitter.com/JanJackman
          Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...6759167?ref=nf

Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

Comment

I have always thought your mirrors were very reasonably priced and I have seen much inferior ones at the a slightly higher price too.
            Vendi..Verdi..Visa...
            I came..I saw..I shopped

Comment

i think they are deff worth the price,!! but i have to say that as things are at the min we are in the complelty broke catergory and its is one of the reasons ive started learning how to make things myself as we just cant afford anything, i love going to craft fairs but we rarely spend moneyhandmade stuff is always so much nicer and better but for people in our situtation we cant warrant any expense, i think yours are very fairly priced and not everyone is in as bad a state as us lol, sorry i went on a bit xxx
              '

try a free graze box use code 5THR7LB www.graze.com

Comment

I actually clicked on your link by mistake yesterday and was having a look through your site and I thought your stuff was reasonably priced.
                It's almost exactly the amount I had in my head that I would pay, so it must be ok

Your mirrors are really lovely btw

Comment

Thanks everyone - glad that I am on the right lines. I think as BuffyBaskey said, people aren't spending as much at the moment on items that aren't really necessities. I also think I am a bit impatient - I have had my ebay shop for just over a week with no sales, and this has made me panic!!!
                  Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

Originally posted by Katianne View Post
                    Thanks everyone - glad that I am on the right lines. I think as BuffyBaskey said, people aren't spending as much at the moment on items that aren't really necessities. I also think I am a bit impatient - I have had my ebay shop for just over a week with no sales, and this has made me panic!!!
                    have you tried setting up a page on facebook? it is a great way of free advertising and getting your product out there, you could set up and fan page or a group for your ebay shop xxx

try a free graze box use code 5THR7LB www.graze.com

Comment

Working...
                    X