sitting at a fair selling nothing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sitting at a fair selling nothing...

so I was told I would have a stall outside under a gezebo with a small table and chairs for children to to make their own jewellery...something I was planning on trying out for first time today. I got here at the time I was told and was then told I was late and the gazebos were full. i was told that I could put up a table in what is really the middle of the carpark! Said I couldn't as my jewellery would blow away so I got a corner of a room inside where kids are coming to do crafts. There is no room for my kids table I wanted to try out which is a shame as there are loads of kids here! And no one is coming in the room apart from parents whose whole attention is taken up with their kids! Only positive is that its only on for 4 hours!!

That is soooo bad, if they promised you a certain stall, they should have saved it for you!!! Boo hiss to the organisers
    Jayne

"One must have chaos in oneself in order to give birth to a dancing star."

Comment

Thats awful. Such a shame when you had so many ideas and plans. I bet you feel really let down. The other positive thing is you have time to play on your laptop.
      Carol
      God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Poor Katie - what a pain. Hope someone has managed to find you and come and bought something.
        Cynthia
        http://iforjonesdesigns.website.orange.co.uk

Comment

I've sold 2 items of jewellery and 4 cards! I think the number of people who have been in the room to look at jewellery rather than kids crafts is less than 10. I wouldn't mind so much if I hadn't been up until 1:30am finishing stuff and up early!

I'm going to speak to someone after this about selling my jewellery in her salon so hopefully that will cheer me up

Comment

What a shame At least you've sold SOME stuff though!!

Good luck with your meeting afterwards - that sounds promising!!
            Carol

Resin jewellery, encaustic art paintings & gifts | Twitter!

Comment

Some people can't organise a booze up in a brewery!!!

One of the first fairs I did - at the local football club (and they were in one of the higher divisions then) - I got there to be told that my space in the main hall had been taken over by someone who had decided the weather was too bad to be outside where she had booked (seems a lot of people did this), so me and quite a few others who turned up at the time stated were pushed onto makeshift stalls in storerooms down a corridor! The woman "organising" it was useless and quite a few of us wrote a letter of complaint to the club. At least they had the decency to refund our table fees, but it doesn't make up for the possible lack of sales.

I hope you have much better luck at your next event.

Linda

Comment

grrr - that's very annoying - hope the salon visit went better.

Helen x

Visit my blog!
                http://peggycrafts.blogspot.com/

www.peggycrafts.co.uk

Etsy shop:
                www.peggycrafts.etsy.com

Comment

I'd have been furious after putting in all that prep! I'd definitely think about asking for your table fees refunding.
                  Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

That's about how my day has been. went all the way to York for a craft / antique / xmas fair. was stuck in the middle of the hall...cosy you might think.....NOOOOOO next door was jewellery, opposite was 3 more jewellery behind was yet more jewellery and nearly everyone else had some jewellery AND the hall was freezing, doors wide open Obviously but letting the cold in aswell no heating to speak of, the power kept going off for the table lights.

The woman next to me sold loads of bought in stuff she admitted to but because she took cards everyone bought. then when they got to me they already had so didn't spend. I took less than the cost of the table.

And don't ask me about parking thats another fiasco..one of the other stall holders got a ticket....

and I'm going again tomorrow....I must be barmy.

Deep breathe.....sorry........... rant over.
                    Handmade jewellery, to buy gifts or just to treat yourself visit my website, commissions welcome or join me on facebook for a chat

Comment

My sympathy to both of you. It's hard enough to sell things these days let alone have to put up with tables stuck in the wrong place.
                      I am doing a sale tomorrow which was supposed to be a craft fair but it has been advertised as a table top sale at least the table is cheap. Coolkat and I are both going so we will be there to support each other.

Melanie

Comment

Originally posted by Lilac Moon Designs View Post
                        That's about how my day has been. went all the way to York for a craft / antique / xmas fair. was stuck in the middle of the hall...cosy you might think.....NOOOOOO next door was jewellery, opposite was 3 more jewellery behind was yet more jewellery and nearly everyone else had some jewellery AND the hall was freezing, doors wide open Obviously but letting the cold in aswell no heating to speak of, the power kept going off for the table lights.

The woman next to me sold loads of bought in stuff she admitted to but because she took cards everyone bought. then when they got to me they already had so didn't spend. I took less than the cost of the table.

And don't ask me about parking thats another fiasco..one of the other stall holders got a ticket....

and I'm going again tomorrow....I must be barmy.

Deep breathe.....sorry........... rant over.
                        Wow I think that's worse than my day! My table did't actually have a cost...they were asking for donations for charity instead but seeing as I didn't cover travelling+making costs and no one came round to collect anything I didn't end up donating owt...feel a bit bad really!!

Comment

Don't feel bad, charity begins at home and at this moment in time your need is as great as the next persons.
                          Carol
                          God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

When I made jewellery I asked in a hairdressers if I could sell some earrings in a shop and the staff bought a few pairs. But I had the most success selling earrings wholesale to a gift shop in a tourist centre. Earrings were always my best seller.

Comment

This thread has been dead for over five years ...

Comment

Working...
                              X