Question about secret santa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about secret santa

I was wondering if we will ever find out who has given who gifts or is it something that warrants the death penalty for spilling the beans?

I only ask cos I've never been involved in a "truly" secret santa before - the ones I've been involved in we just drew names out of a hat but we never kept it secret, it was just a way of saving money by not having each person buying presents for everyone else in the office.
    Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

If one day i have the chance to travel abroad i would like to experince the real christmas. In my country, the santa(we usually know who he is) just give us the gift and the gifts are very plain(always candy).
    If one is not a gardener, then one does not have a gardening website to promote.

Comment

I don't think it will remain secret for long, these things never do, also having just posted mine you have to put your address details on the back for RD. In the long run I am doing this for the joy of giving, as I am sure we all are and it is fun.

Comment

I think a lot of us put 'santa clause' down on the return address ( I know I did) but to be honest I think a lot guess because of what the actual gift is as we all seem to know what each other does.

thats my way of thinking and its could be completley waaaaaaaay off .....lol

Pauline
        Personalised Wedding Cake Toppers

Comment

you may enclose your details inside the wrapped present.
          full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

And there's usually a thread started after Christmas Day where people can describe what they got given and who from... of course some crafters always forget to include a little note or gift card so the recipient is left guessing! I'm fairly sure that the person I send to will work out fairly quickly who the burnt wooden offerings are from!
            Wood Tattoos
            Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
            Facebook
            Flickr
            Twitter

Comment

I have no idea who sent me mine last year!

I never told my recipient either (sorry about that)

Should we have a poll, saying who wants to know and who doesn't? So that we know we should include our names in the gift.... the thought never occurred to me last year to put my "real" name in!
              www.beadlab.com

Comment

once we get the thank you thread up after christmas I'll post a list of who sent to who on it.

Comment

I'm just really sad that I joined the forum too late to participate in this I love Secret Santa.

Guess I'll have to wait till next year....
                  Elinor
                  x

My Misi page
                  Follow me on Twitter

Comment

I think last year a lot of people put a business card or postcard inside the parcel. Perhaps the best thing to do is to put one in an envelope... that way the recipient can always not open the envelope if they don't want to know who it's from (although I'm sure most people either do want to know or work it out from what they've received!)
                    Wood Tattoos
                    Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
                    Facebook
                    Flickr
                    Twitter

Comment

True secret santas are ment to be secret. Half the fun is guessing who ther from. Any way it use gets guesed from what people have made.
                      "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
                      my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

ok so i'm a bit confused - it happens alot!- do we put our names in or not?
                        http://AMIdesigns.etsy.com
                        http://www.folksy.com/shops/amidesigns
                        http://amidesignsjewellery.blogspot.com

Comment

THE OFFICIAL LINE IS: it's up to you. I am going to reveal all after christmas so everyone will find out then if they haven't already done so.
                          If you would like, you can enclose your details inside the wrapped gift.

We have 64 santas so guessing might prove difficult!

Comment

I had a panic moment there thinking I should have posted it and it's only half made! But I have time yet! Phew!
                            Julia

http://www1.freewebs.com/jaydee67/index.htm

Comment

I thought secret santa was supposed to be secret (there's a bit of a clue in the name) what's the point of telling everyone who it was from

Comment

Working...
                              X