business cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• business cards

Hi I'm just about to submit an application for business card but they seem quite pricey - is the going rate about 10p a card because that seems a lot. Are they worth it?
    I have spent about 3 hours making my card which i might add IMO looks FAB! but a little worried about the costing. I guess if I knew they were going to get me some business then it wouldn't worry me but I'm very in the dark!!
    The company is called goodprint.
    Also do they really need to be laminated? I collected a few and the one i like the best has double sided matt laminate which feels silky smooth and very good quality. Not sure not sure not sure!!!

I would personally not go to the expense of laminated - after all it is a card to give out freely to try and encourage business and as long as it looks professional it does not need to be too "snazzy". I would also think that 10p each is a lot and you will find threads on here about Vistaprint who do very good offers as long as you watch what you click!!
    Cynthia
    http://iforjonesdesigns.website.orange.co.uk

Comment

I agree with Ifor-jones on this one, 10p per card sounds a bit pricey to me
      Sarah

Comment

Originally posted by coolkat View Post
        Hi I'm just about to submit an application for business card but they seem quite pricey - is the going rate about 10p a card because that seems a lot. Are they worth it?
        I have spent about 3 hours making my card which i might add IMO looks FAB! but a little worried about the costing. I guess if I knew they were going to get me some business then it wouldn't worry me but I'm very in the dark!!
        The company is called goodprint.
        Also do they really need to be laminated? I collected a few and the one i like the best has double sided matt laminate which feels silky smooth and very good quality. Not sure not sure not sure!!!
        Hiya. I think I paid something similar to that for mine - also from Goodprint. They are corner cut, gloss laminated ones, and look lovely!

The corners/laminating does add a fair bit to the price. Out of interest, do you have a discount code for GoodPrint? They quite often run promos - we happened to have a code for 50% off when we ordered our last batch - might be worth checking a few deal sites, etc!
        --Matt

Web Development
        Beads, Charms & Findings - Jersey Craft Shop

Comment

I agree too !!
          I use vista print for my cards and i also use their postcards ( i upload my own design )they are great and nice a cheap too !! I also use moo cards they are very cute but more expensive !!
          I wouldn't buy expensive cards anymore and i have never had anyone say my cards look cheap , they always comment on how nice they look and other crafters have asked where they were from
          allabouteden blog

fromthehandsofkittyeden

my folksy shop

Comment

I'm a real cheapskate, in that I print my own.

I was buying the packets of biz cards from Staples, but noticed in my local puter shop the other day that they were selling the sheets, at £3 for 25 sheets (10 cards per sheet), so I thought that I would give them a go.

I always use the 10 to a sheet ones, and the ones with the perforations, so I don't have to try and cut in a straight line!

Not everyone likes to do it this way, but hey, I am all for the handcrafted look (and I am skint)
            www.jos-beaded-designs.com

Comment

Originally posted by Delta View Post
              I'm a real cheapskate, in that I print my own.

I was buying the packets of biz cards from Staples, but noticed in my local puter shop the other day that they were selling the sheets, at £3 for 25 sheets (10 cards per sheet), so I thought that I would give them a go.

I always use the 10 to a sheet ones, and the ones with the perforations, so I don't have to try and cut in a straight line!

Not everyone likes to do it this way, but hey, I am all for the handcrafted look (and I am skint)
              So that is £3 for 250 cards plus your toner ink - not much different to the £4.73 I paid for 250 from Vistaprint. That is why I decided to order rather than print myself, it was cheaper to do it and less time consuming.
              Cynthia
              http://iforjonesdesigns.website.orange.co.uk

Comment

I use vistaprint as well. The premium ones are better if you can get them on a free offer as they have no adverts on the back so they can be used as price labels or can be printed on the back with more details.

Melanie

Comment

Originally posted by silvermaid View Post
                  I use vistaprint as well. The premium ones are better if you can get them on a free offer as they have no adverts on the back so they can be used as price labels or can be printed on the back with more details.

Melanie
                  I think I posted elsewhere, but I had a bad experience with VistaPrint - arguably my own fault as I didn't read the teeny weeny print, where the cards were a non-standard size (e.g. not 85x55mm), and I had unwittingly uploaded a standard size design - the interface showing crop lines etc wasn't clear enough to warn me.

This was compounded when they sent the items out with the wrong documentation, so they didn't arrive for ages - even though I had paid for 3 day "rush" delivery - customer service even tried to tell me I had signed for and received 'em, when ParcelForce had returned them to VP.

Oh well. Lots of folks say VP are good - so obviously I just had a bad experience, but GoodPrint were really good - to the extent that I even phoned them to say how happy I was, and to thank them!

Briefly on the topic of "backs" of cards - there is an argument (I don't do this personally, as I don't really believe in it) - that putting something useful or interesting on the back can increase retention - e.g. a calendar (cheesy, though).

Anything you can do to get someone to hang on to your card is good - if you have an eShop which supports discount codes, why not put a 5% discount code on the back of the card, for example?
                  --Matt

Web Development
                  Beads, Charms & Findings - Jersey Craft Shop

Comment

Hi! Well I have now ordered through V P as I have got the price down to 5.5p for a double sided colour, in the extra heavy weight.

I can't wait to see them!!! Thanks to you all for your help!

Comment

I used the tear out ones from staples years ago when I was just getting started. I didn't like the look of the torn perforations so I ended up trimming round them after so I switched to plain card which I pick up for not a lot more for a whole box of medium weight card and because Wendy has been card making for ages I have use of a guillotine for straight cuts or a roto cut for a selection of fancy deckle edged cards

Comment

Working...
                      X