Ads

Collapse

What a night! (sorry but its a very very long story)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stallfinder
    100+ crafts club
    • Apr 2008

I've organised a few events where a couple of stallholders have been such hard work I wouldn't contact them again in future. You handled yourself brilliantly - I think if it had been me she might still be in casualty having several bags surgically removed from her rear end! The event organiser should have dealt with her on the night and not let her behave so appallingly.
    http://www.stallfinder.com
    Twitter http://www.twitter.com/stallfinder

Comment

• beadsbydesign
      Super Moderator
      Super mega humungous crafter with too much time on their hands and chats too much!
      • Jan 2006

Originally posted by urbtaf View Post
      I dont think many of you realise just how much aggro other stall holders can cause, over the years I think I must have had most things.
      The worst was a guy on a sunday market who wanted my pitch, so for 3 weeks he made sure he was there first and encroached onto my 20 foot pitch, the 3rd week he was 10 foot onto my pitch, so I reversed my van into my pitch until I hit his stall and then kept going until I had pushed what was left of his stall and stock back to his proper place. I never got set up that day, what with the arguments but he never turned up at that market again.
      And when people say "market traders are such a friendly lot" maybe 80% but the other 20% nooooo
      would love to have seen that. lol
      full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

• goldy1
        Super Big Crafter
        • Nov 2006

Glad I could Help Auntynet. It was fun, watching her face as I told people to come visit us at the market. ( Get me! I don't even work there. )

The "Bag lady" wasn't a crafter She sold Designer hand bags don't you know. Never heard of the make myself but then again I ain't a sheep. (I don't follow the flock. )

It was a good advertising platform to do the charity evening I hope you get a lot more sales from it.
        "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
        my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

• Raffles Bizarre
          100+ crafts club
          • Jul 2008

wow! sounds like a nightmare evening, but worth it in the end eh?
          sounds like you did a good job ESPECIALLY being without half your stock.
          sounds like an ideal place to do future stalls
          stoopid baglady haha

Comment

• auntynet
            Mega Crafter
            • Jun 2008

Originally posted by goldy1 View Post
            Glad I could Help Auntynet. It was fun, watching her face as I told people to come visit us at the market. ( Get me! I don't even work there. )
            If we ever need extra staff then you'll be the first to know about it, chuck.
            Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

• Tip Top
              Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!
              • Apr 2007

I'm sorry but you told it in such a way I've been laughing!!

I think the people who came upto you after to say how horrid the bag lady had been can make all the difference - at least you know it wasn't just you!!

Good sales too and more potentially!!

I really should come and visit you on Bury market - I used to live in Rochdale and visited the market in Bury at lot when I lived at home!

Comment

• auntynet
                Mega Crafter
                • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Tip Top View Post
                I'm sorry but you told it in such a way I've been laughing!!

I think the people who came upto you after to say how horrid the bag lady had been can make all the difference - at least you know it wasn't just you!!

Good sales too and more potentially!!

I really should come and visit you on Bury market - I used to live in Rochdale and visited the market in Bury at lot when I lived at home!

Tiptop - if you're ever in Bury and I find out you didn't come to visit us I will be most disappointed!

The market is getting quite busy now as there are loads of coach parties visiting every day so even if they don't spend much on the stall, we still manage to have a good "crack" with the customers so we really do enjoy working it.

Forgot to say earlier but yesterday on the market all the other traders that did the event on Thurs night came to see us and comment on "her" and we also had 3 of the customers that were there on Thurs come to the stall and they all bought or ordered something from us.

I've also found out that "she" gave the landlord a donation of a whopping £5 for his charity!
                Even I managed £22 out of my takings!
                Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

• goldy1
                  Super Big Crafter
                  • Nov 2006

The amount of bags she sold for the prices she did that is diabolical.

Good news on the new customers.

Comment

• Critchley
                    Super Moderator
                    Super mega humungous crafter with too much time on their hands and chats too much!
                    • Jun 2008

Originally posted by beadsbydesign View Post
                    What a cow! don't think I'd have coped as well as you two did!!!
                    I agree, I think I've said it before but they milk nicer ladies on Jersey.

I enjoyed the read, qualifies for best short-story-of-the-year award on the forum.
                    Carol
                    God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

• UrbanAngelJewellery
                      100+ crafts club
                      • Sep 2008

you obviously have more patience than me Im a mardy cow when someone gets my back up

Does sound like she is selling the right product but more appropriate if they were vintage!!! lol
                      Ren x
                      www.urbanangelz.co.uk
                      12High Street, Middleton Cheney, Oxon, OX17 2PB

http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php...25898137455617

www.twitter.com/urbanangeljewel

www.blogger.com/urbanangeljewellery

Comment

• PeggyCrafts
                        500+ Crafters Club
                        • Mar 2008

ahh, I'm very glad that you had a successful evening in the end, even if it did start out a bit poo. And hoorah for charity man sacking bag lady!!

Visit my blog!
                        http://peggycrafts.blogspot.com/

www.peggycrafts.co.uk

Etsy shop:
                        www.peggycrafts.etsy.com

Comment

• Poppy4lee
                          500+ Crafters Club
                          • May 2007

Well done you, for rising above it I just can't understand the attitude of some people, her life must be a total misery if she behaves like that!
                          Jayne

"One must have chaos in oneself in order to give birth to a dancing star."

Comment

• goldy1
                            Super Big Crafter
                            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Poppy4lee View Post
                            Well done you, for rising above it I just can't understand the attitude of some people, her life must be a total misery if she behaves like that!
                            I know the area in which she lives very well. Unfortunately it is the Mind set of a lot of the people who live around there. ( not all Thank goodness.)
                            Last edited by goldy1; 17-11-2008, 02:21 PM.

Comment

• Pebbles
                              Super crafter
                              • Oct 2007

Well done guys for coping with that......
                              www.beadlab.com

Comment

• Poppy4lee
                                500+ Crafters Club
                                • May 2007

Originally posted by goldy1 View Post
                                I know the area in which she lives very well. Unfortunately it is the Mind set of a lot of the people who live around there. ( not all Thank goodness.)
                                It's sad but true, that there are a lot of people who are just plain selfish and either don't care about, or, have no conception of the effect they are having on others Community spirit seems to be flying out of the window! That's why it does my heart good to come on this forum where so many people are sooo kind, supportive and helpful
                                Jayne

"One must have chaos in oneself in order to give birth to a dancing star."

Comment

Working...
                                X