craft buisnesses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• craft buisnesses?

Is this forum more for craft buisnesses or is that just the more used boards? i notice alot of the new posts are all about doing craft fairs etc and wondering if this is a forum for buisnesses as i dont intend to sell anything maybe i shouldnt be here lol xx

try a free graze box use code 5THR7LB www.graze.com

not at all, the boards are for everybody who crafts either as a buisness or as a hobby.
    I just think more people gravitate to selling ,some to fund their hobby some as a way to self employment and some because they love the thrill of selling somthing they have created themselves.
    The boards really are for helping,being helped and giving well deserved kudos to people who love what they do

please stay,lol
    Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes CAN change your life !!

my website http://www.ticketyboo-jewellery.co.uk
    my misi shop http://ticketyboo.misi.me.uk
    my blog http://ticketyboojewellery.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by beckyboo View Post
      not at all, the boards are for everybody who crafts either as a buisness or as a hobby.
      I just think more people gravitate to selling ,some to fund their hobby some as a way to self employment and some because they love the thrill of selling somthing they have created themselves.
      The boards really are for helping,being helped and giving well deserved kudos to people who love what they do

please stay,lol
      ooo thanks hun, i just wasnt sure lol, everyone seems so talented too, i just like crafting as a hobby, and want other people to chat to and get tips etc, didnt want to upset people by not wanting to think of selling iyswim xxx

Comment

Hi and to the forum.

No we're not just a forum for business, although as beckyboo said, a lot of us do sell our crafts as well.

I still consider myself to be a 'hobby' crafter even though I am set up as a business as well, that's because making jewellery is my hobby and I enjoy it - I just have to sell some things to try and make it pay for itself (and also so our house doesn't explode in a huge mess of beads)

What crafts do you do?

Claire
        Website; www.midshiresmakers.co.uk
        Facebook Pages: www.facebook.com/weedoncraftmarket
        www.facebook.com/craftshoppingexperience

Comment

Originally posted by ladyluckjewellery View Post
          Hi and to the forum.

No we're not just a forum for business, although as beckyboo said, a lot of us do sell our crafts as well.

I still consider myself to be a 'hobby' crafter even though I am set up as a business as well, that's because making jewellery is my hobby and I enjoy it - I just have to sell some things to try and make it pay for itself (and also so our house doesn't explode in a huge mess of beads)

What crafts do you do?

Claire
          i do card making, sewing cross stitch and am just learning crocheting and knitting so only very basic stuff so far on them lol, i get bored easily so like to have a few things to go at lol xx

Comment

Hi, the forum is for everyone, so feel at ease

There are people who make crafts as a hobby and people who are self employed crafters etc,

Sharing information means everyone learns quicker. You take from it the bits that are for you

So enjoy

Debbie
            www.beadservice.net
            On-line bead supplier and bead lover

Comment

Jewellery making is not a business for me (yet!) I would class it at the moment as a self financing hobby although I need a few more sales to get back to breaking even after our day out at the big bead show.

Comment

I've only been on this forum for a month and have posted so meany threads. To get hints and tips. I have received so much help. I have only been doing small fairs just to cover the cost of making them. Its so great to be on this forum to talk to people who love crafting.

Comment

I didnt relise we were being intimidating . Was not intential

Comment

You aren't!! No BTW - beware - I started as a hobbyist and it is beginning to turn into more - but i greet this with open arms as i am looking to change track and I love what I do with the beads. I would still consider myself to be a hobbyist but for the first time I have scrapped all other hobbies out the way and am completely going all out in the jewellery and I have to say my work has improved three fold in the last few weeks as it has had mt complete attention.

Comment

In a way, its the other way round for us. What started as a business has turned into a hobby (read passion).

We used to sell bought in costume jewellery and we were always having to mend it so I decided to have a go at making things myself . . . . and there started the bead obsession. That eventually morphed into a love of semi-precious gemstones and that's when my OH started taking an interest.
                      Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

I think it's probably because this is usually a busy time of year for anyone selling so there are lots of posts about it.
                        Even those of us selling are still learning and experimenting with new ideas, and it's always nice to welcome new people.
                        So welcome to the forum.

Melanie

Comment

thanks for all the relpies xx

Comment

If it helps you at all I craft strictly for pleasure (and saving money at Christmas). I don't make anything to sell. Just relax and enjoy the forum and crafting.
                            Carol
                            God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Working...
                            X