Is it possible to print in white?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to print in white?

I would like to print white text onto gold paper, does anyone know if this is possible? I have tried googling white inkjet cartridges but havnt found any, so it's not looking very hopeful!

At a push I could use a white pen in my faithful robo, but it is for wedding invitations so it would takes ages to do the amount that I need!

I am keeping my fingers crossed that someone may have a better idea!

C x

What about a stamp? I've heard that you can have them specially made, but I'm not sure where
    MISI - http://www.misi.me.uk/store_info.php?user_id=741

Comment

put your gold paper into the printer, change your font to white and print. Should work.
      www.corrigancards.com

A mind is like a parachute........it only functions when open

Comment

I think you can print in white - obviously it will only show if your background is coloured.

On your toolbar you should see a capital A with a black line underneath it - this is the colour of your text. Click on the tiny arrow at the side and a box should appear with differnt colours - white is one of them - click on the colour you want your text to be. The colour of the line underneath your captial A should have changed now.

HTH.
        Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Hmmmm.

I will have to have a try, as I havnt actually tried printing white text. The reason I didnt think it was really possible is because ink cartridges usually have 3 colours in them - magenta, yellow and cyan and I couldnt see how these could be combined to make white! And also when you print out a white background it doesnt actually print anything, it just assumes the paper is white.

But now Im wondering whether my logic is wrong! I will give it a go and report back lol!

Thansk for your help!

Comment

Just a thought, if the gold paper has a shine to it, then it might not hold the ink
            MISI - http://www.misi.me.uk/store_info.php?user_id=741

Comment

As far as I can make out there isn't a commercial home printer out there that supports white ink.I could be wrong but I haven't found one. It seems that printer ink is translucent and the background colour would show through. I trained as a screen printer and white was always the hardest to get consistent.

There is the option of Letterpress printer. The old fashioned metal printing blocks and machines are very popular with wedding invite makers but they are a skill in themselves I would kill for one of those machines.
              Last edited by goldy1; 09-11-2008, 06:34 PM.
              "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
              my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

I've just been having a quick play around with a word document and basically you have to print a coloured background then it will leave your words white - if that makes any sense.
                Auntynet

Comment

OK - I just had it pointed out to me (thanks Gill) that what I suggested will only work when you're using white paper.

Makes sense really doesn't it . . . . . . unless, like me, you happen to be blonde!

Auntynet

Comment

Yup - that's the only way you can do it with a standard inkjet or laser printer "white" is effectively no ink i.e. the colour of your paper.
                    ElaineJ soap and other stuff
                    website
                    blog

Comment

Originally posted by auntynet View Post
                      OK - I just had it pointed out to me (thanks Gill) that what I suggested will only work when you're using white paper.

Makes sense really doesn't it . . . . . . unless, like me, you happen to be blonde!

or a red-head like me
                      www.corrigancards.com

A mind is like a parachute........it only functions when open

Comment

Lol, to be honest if you are like me you just probably never thought about whether it was possible to print white! It had never crossed my mind before today!

I am going to have to re-think how to do these invitations, they are for my sister's wedding and she is a perfectionist lol!

Thanks for all your help!

Comment

Originally posted by Louise88 View Post
                          What about a stamp? I've heard that you can have them specially made, but I'm not sure where
                          Try the English Stamp company they make stamps with your own wording to order, quite reasonable, then use white stazon ink as this will adhere to metallic card and paper.

Comment

Ooh I like that website, the price for designing your own stamp isnt bad either.

I will have to see whether my fussy sister fancies stamping all the invites - I think its a great idea as long as we make sure we do it straight lol, but I never can tell with her!

Comment

Hi
                              I may be able to help you...see attached pics...

and then these ones...

as well as the border panel used on here (bear with me )

The suppliers I get these from are VERY versatile, I am sure that any of the wedding panels above could be done in the white on gold as you have said, either pm me or visit my site for more pics or to email me xx
                              I craft, therefore I am!
                              for hotfoiled cardmaking goodies
                              www.fuchsiafairy.co.uk
                              now Live get your supplies here

Comment

Working...
                              X