Baby topper was a no seller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baby topper was a no seller

I'm quite dissapointed that my christmas baby topper/ornament did not sell on EBay and I don't know if I should bother to repost it or even bother making anymore for the craft fair I'm doing next month.

Sooooooooo dissapointed but I guess we all go through times when we have non sellers
    Last edited by [email protected]; 07-11-2008, 08:58 PM.
    Personalised Wedding Cake Toppers

Did it get many views/watchers? If it did I would be tempted to re-list as we are getting about more into Christmas buying now.

You do win some and loose some with ebay though.

Do you have a piccie to show us? or have I missed that thread?
    Amanda
    xx

Comment

Dont take eBay as a rule of thumb as to whether your item is good or not - its too unpredictable for that! Its a funny place now ... not as good as it used to be unfortunately. I hope you have it on your website front page though !!
      Mel

Comment

p.s. just seen your 'Fimo Nativity Tree Ornaments ' and love them - they are so cute !
        Mel

Comment

Oh don't be too disappointed, as the others have said eBay can be a funny old beast at times, and it's a lot of luck, it just depends on who's looking at the time your item is on.

I think your toppers are brilliant, and I'm sure there are plenty of others who do too, and your baby topper will sell - it's just a case of finding the right audience.

All the best
          x
          "Human beings, who are almost remarkable in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so" - Douglas Adams

Blog: http://janscardscraftsandmusings.blogspot.com/
          Twitter: http://twitter.com/JanJackman
          Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...6759167?ref=nf

Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

Comment

Your toppers are amazing and I reckon they'll receive lots of attention at your next fair...the baby ones are so cute and what a way to make a baby's first Christmas, grandchildrens or childrens Christmas even more special
            Facebook page, Cottage Charms & Cards: http://www.facebook.com/update_secur...20677888001883

Comment

Thanks for that.

I think because my wedding and birthday toppers are great sellers I kind of thought the baby one would go down well too but your suggestions are good ones and yes it only takes one person who really likes it to buy it.........after all we all have different tastes.

I will relist it next week I think and see how it goes....will also list my christmas tree hangers too - fingers crossed and thanks again!

Pauline

Comment

Congratulations on turning pink!
                MISI - http://www.misi.me.uk/store_info.php?user_id=741

Comment

I think you will find the same whatever medium your art. Sometimes I design pieces of jewellery which I think looks great but my critics aka my wife and daughters don't, so it goes to the rack at the back of my work bench untill someone sees it and say's it's great why are you not showing it?
                  It's all down to who is looking at the time

Comment

Ebay has gone absolutely pants since the changes end of September.
                    Even good sellers have seen their sales drop dramatically and try all they can, it's not made a difference.

I'm sure you'll do better at the fairs!
                    Bead Shop, 91 Liverpool Road, Penwortham, Preston, PR1 0QB, Lancashire. Mon-Fri 10am-5pm, Sat 10am-4pm, Sunday 11am-3pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Bea View Post
                      Ebay has gone absolutely pants since the changes end of September.
                      Even good sellers have seen their sales drop dramatically and try all they can, it's not made a difference.

I'm sure you'll do better at the fairs!
                      I have noticed a drop in sales from ebay recently but didn't put the two together. Why do you think this is????
                      www.RedShedCeramics.etsy.com
                      www.folksy.com/shops/RedShed
                      www.mosaicshape.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Red Shed View Post
                        I have noticed a drop in sales from ebay recently but didn't put the two together. Why do you think this is????
                        Go and have a read at the ebay forums, the shops one. It's the new search that's causing it. I don't sell much on ebay but with having the same number of listings, my sales dropped by half. I've tried to do what ebay said, what some sellers sugested with no luck.

And it's not the recession because my sales on the website are on target and that's with projections done months ago. I'm up on last year as expected.
                        Bead Shop, 91 Liverpool Road, Penwortham, Preston, PR1 0QB, Lancashire. Mon-Fri 10am-5pm, Sat 10am-4pm, Sunday 11am-3pm.

Comment

I stopped using EBay for my wedding and birthday toppers as the charges were too high and my website was giving me enough orders as it was, but yes I have noticed that a lot of items are now unsold.

EBay have gotten very greedy over the last 3 years and I really don't like using them to be honest.

and OMG I didn't even notice I had gone pink!!! wooo hooo so that means I've reached over my 1000 post!

Pauline

Comment

Working...
                          X