Am I Charging the Right Price Please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I Charging the Right Price Please?

I've just put these on Folksy and will be adding them to EBay next week but wanted to check if you all thought I was charging too much, too little or just the right price!

Need to know really because I'm getting ready to do a craft show on 6th December and really don't want to make too many sets and be left with them!

Also was thinking of doing all new sets in different colours or trying to match up with colours people may have for their decor.....like I know some have gold and red, others have green and red and also silver and purple - colour co-ordination is what I think i'm trying to say.......LOL

Honest opinions please!!

Pauline

(cost of stable nativity scene set of ten is £20)

Last edited by [email protected]; 05-11-2008, 04:53 PM. Reason: forgot to add cost of set!! doh!
    Personalised Wedding Cake Toppers

They are really cool. No idea what price to charge though, £2 each seems really cheap to me as they are handmade; but then, i have no idea how much people would pay for Christmas decs (I don't have any)
    www.beadlab.com

Comment

As a crafter I know what goes into making something like this but unfortunately I doubt you will acheive more than the £20.00 you are asking and so I say stick with the price. Also bear in mind as it is a 'Christmas' item, you have a shorter window of opportunity in which to sell it so best not ask more but have it sell.

I like the set very much BTW

Rachael
      http://blueshedcrafts.etsy.com
      ~ Rachael
      My etsy Shop Blog

Comment

I really like them , they're great. I agree that £2 each doesn't sound like much BUT I also think that people won't pay more than the £20 on Xmas decorations iyswim. I'd say you've got the price pretty much spot on.
        http://www.craftynclothy.com

http://www.folksy.com/shops/craftynclothy

http://craftynclothy.blogspot.com/

Comment

I really like these and I agree, I think you've got the price spot on. However, one minor thing, dunno if it's just the angle in the photo but Mary looks like she's got her boobs on display (I know it's her hands, but still)
          www.corrigancards.com

A mind is like a parachute........it only functions when open

Comment

I think they are lovely and £2 each sounds right. I'm not sure there will be that many people who would buy a whole nativity set though. You could put them out in three smaller sets, mary, joseph and baby, the three kings and then the shepherd, sheep and angels. Maybe you could do some different colour angels that could be bought separately. Or snowmen or father Xmas - I know that is getting away from your idea though - and I do love the nativity scene.

Melanie

Comment

Originally posted by silvermaid View Post
              I think they are lovely and £2 each sounds right. I'm not sure there will be that many people who would buy a whole nativity set though. You could put them out in three smaller sets, mary, joseph and baby, the three kings and then the shepherd, sheep and angels.
              That sounds a really good idea as people who couldn't afford the full £20 could still buy some of your lovely deccies...but I'd also offer them as a full set too
              Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

I think they're fab and you've got the pricing just right!! I also think the idea of having smaller sets available is good too as then people who can't afford to buy them all can still buy something from you

Comment

Thanks very much for your opinons and glad to see that I feel I have got the price right.

I also agree that some people may not want the full set and I have plan to have a variety of sets available as well as single angels. I already have a set of 6 angels like this:

as well as a whole 'advent' set like this

I did not make any of these sets last year but did manage to sell a couple in 2006!

I think I will make up as many as I can and give people the chance to make up their own sets - thank you for that idea!!

Pauline

Comment

Originally posted by craftynclothy View Post
                    I really like them , they're great. I agree that £2 each doesn't sound like much BUT I also think that people won't pay more than the £20 on Xmas decorations iyswim. I'd say you've got the price pretty much spot on.
                    Oh I say , lol, yes it is the angle of how the picture was taken..

Comment

OK - you asked for honesty!

I'm a cheapskate and I probably wouldn't pay that much for a set of xmas decorations but before you shoot me . . . . .

my SIL definitely would - she allows herself £10 per year to spend on new tree ornaments and will happily purchase one or two that total £10.

I do appreciate the time and effort that goes into what anyone makes and the people (or most of them) that attend craft fairs do too so with that thought in mind . . . . I think your price is probably just right. I do however agree that selling them on a "pick and mix" basis is a good one as, like others say, not everyone may be able to afford £20 all in one go.

Dare I come out from behind the sofa now?
                      Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Lol Auntynet yes you can show your face again because I was not the least bit offended............if I was going to go all huffy because something was said then its best not to ask anybodies opinons at all.

Just because I make them myself does not necessarily mean that I am one of those that will spend a lot on decorations myself - hense one of the main reasons I was concerned I was asking too much

I am gladly taking on board and allowing for those that will like the decorations but wont have the money and will certainly do a 'pick and mix' selection.

Although I did have the set of 6 angels I would never have thought of coming up with single hangers if opinons and advice was given, so again, thank you all very much! much appreciated!

Pauilne

Comment

Working...
                        X