The Craft Movement!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Craft Movement!

Hi there! Sorry to annoy you, but I promise this post is about crafts and you!
    I work for an agency who do research and insight for Channel 4, and currently we are re-building a website for them where we have found 26 ‘Tribes’ of young people across the UK. These ‘Tribes’ include, Clubbers, Emos, Townies, Rahs and, most importantly, Craft Kids!

We are really interested in looking at how the craft movement is very much alive and well. With this Tribe growing fast (especially in today’s economic climate!), we want to talk to the people who have kept the ancient crafts of sewing, needlepoint and beadwork alive.

So if you are aged between 16-24 and live in the UK and have a few minutes to talk to us we would love to hear from you! We’re looking to do some interviews, and can credit this with a link from the website to your blog/online shop if you like!

Many thanks for your time, if you would like to get in touch please email me at [email protected] - or reply to this post...
    Also if you want to see if you are in the ‘Craft Kids’ tribe, check out the findyourtribe.co.uk website!

Keep up the good work!

IM TOO OLD AT 26!!!
    Sam

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernChancer View Post
      IM TOO OLD AT 26!!!
      It could be worse; I'm a bit too older.
      --Matt

Web Development
      Beads, Charms & Findings - Jersey Craft Shop

Comment

Hi Matt,

Lets giggle together!!
        Sam

Comment

I could tell I was going to be too old as soon as I realised I didn't understand who the other tribes were...
          www.CeeGeeJewellery.com Handcrafted Sterling Silver Jewellery
          www.EvaBeanBeads.etsy.com Handmade Lampwork Glass Beads
          Etsy - Folksy - BLOG

Do you Twitter? Follow us!
          Find us on Facebook! Add to your profile for news and freebies...

Comment

Phew - you think you have a problem. I've been round several times. lol
            Carol
            God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

You know you're too old when................ the word emo, reminds you of a really annoying big fluffy bird!

See, too old again!

Ah well.
              Take care

Kathryn
              Website - http://www.lazydaisyglass.co.uk
              Blog - http://www.lazydaisyglass.blogspot.com
              Folksy http://www.folksy.com/shops/lazydaisyglass
              Etsy - http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6370100
              Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...ss/55255965842

Comment

Don't forget folks - there's Grey Power; the post-war bulge has BTDTGTT!
                ElaineJ soap and other stuff
                website
                blog

Comment

Emos have heard of them, but not the others.... am too old by age an inability to know the meanings of all the "tribes". And there was me imagining Bruse Parry coming to live with our "Craft Tribe" for a month and having to take part in all the rituals we have in our little crafty rainforest (hunting, gathering, visits to the shaman...)
                  View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Hay, Im not too old. Think i'll send her an e-mail.
                    this is exiting only just joined the forum as well. obviously the place to be.

Comment

I got stuck on Rahs, must go have a word with my 12 year old.
                      www.littlebead.blogspot.com
                      www.twitter.com/littlebead

Comment

What are Rahs!!?

Im 24 so just in! But im not sure im the best example to use.
                        Handmade Embroideries and Tapestries - Greentree Crafts on Facebook Etsy Shop Instagram

Comment

Are Rahs what used to be known as Sloanes (***wild guess***)?
                          Etsy - Folksy - BLOG

Comment

Sloanes?

I am obviuously over the hill at 26

Funny that, I read a post earlier today about crafters between 40 and 60, and now it's crafters between 18 and 24!

Who wants to join me in being a crafter between 24 and 40? Let's form our own group!
                            www.beadlab.com

Comment

I'm in!
                              Etsy - Folksy - BLOG

Comment

Working...
                              X