This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went live on Friday

Hi everyone. Sorry I've not posted for a while ( bet you missed me huh....!?), but have been away. Anyway, further to my last epistle, we actually went live on the internet on Friday ( apparently the internet was down on Mon and Tues - modern technology, you gotta love it). For people interested the site address is www.glowbiles.com. Apparently loads of people love the site, but personally I'd prefer people to spend their cash. As anyone who knows me, my soul is cheap.
    Anyway, hope that you like it. It feels good to be back amongst my ( infinitely more talented) peers
    www.glowbiles.com. Real Glow-In-The-Dark decorations

It all starts now! great idea, you wait, those orders will be rolling in soon!
    Sarah

Comment

Hi Wastril, great to see your website up & running, it's looking really good, and as the other Autumn said, great idea & the orders will soon start.

All the best
      x
      "Human beings, who are almost remarkable in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so" - Douglas Adams

Blog: http://janscardscraftsandmusings.blogspot.com/
      Twitter: http://twitter.com/JanJackman
      Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...6759167?ref=nf

Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

Comment

Welcome back, great to see all your hard work has finally come together.
        The website is really good, and the mobiles look lovely.
        Are you planning on having an option to make the glowdrops with four of one shape - I'm thinking of dolphin loving teenagers.

Melanie

Comment

Brilliant!!

Well done on everything coming together... the mobiles are a great idea

Comment

I hope you don't mind me asking, Wastril... what part of the production process are you involved in then?
            Wood Tattoos
            Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
            Facebook
            Flickr
            Twitter

Comment

My part was in getting the whole shooting match to work in the first place.My roll now has been downgraded to assisstant "puter togetherer". Some may assembler, but as each creation is individual, I,d prefer "creationista"

Comment

"Creationista" - I like that
                "Human beings, who are almost remarkable in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so" - Douglas Adams

Blog: http://janscardscraftsandmusings.blogspot.com/
                Twitter: http://twitter.com/JanJackman
                Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...6759167?ref=nf

Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

Comment

This is the secret project that you were getting certified, and so on...?
                  Cheers,
                  Scorch

Scorch's Pyrography : www.scorchpyro.co.uk
                  Crafts on Flickr : http://www.flickr.com/photos/tanniso...7606138937826/

Comment

Originally posted by wastril View Post
                    My part was in getting the whole shooting match to work in the first place.My roll now has been downgraded to assisstant "puter togetherer". Some may assembler, but as each creation is individual, I,d prefer "creationista"
                    Which begs the question..........................what are you doing on a craft forum? Surely there are more spe******ed techie forums for a creationista of your ilk? I am still baffled as to what you expect from us..................surely it can't be the 'publicity' word.

Comment

It would appear that because I don't fall into the typical craft scenario, I am having trouble being fully accepted. I work with plastics. I develope things from scratch, utilising new and existing technologes and trying to push the envelope where possible. The items I have developed won't be found elsewhere ( feel free to check ebay). The components are all put together by hand and each one is individually produced to the clients requirements, but still there seems to be an air of suspiscion.
                      Maybe ( and absolutely no disrepect to the people involved, I don't need convincing of anyones worthiness to be here) if I used candle making techniques and jewellery techniques that have been around for millenia I would be accepted. If I was only after publicity, I wouldn't try and help as many people as possible.
                      Sorry for the rant and if you wish me to disappear I shall, but I felt it important to put my case. Guess its now time to leave quietly

Comment

Originally posted by wastril View Post
                        Guess its now time to leave quietly
                        Only if you feel your work is done here.

Comment

Well for once I'm sitting on the fence. I do wish you every success Wastril but you have to admit it - Peter's last reply was quite funny.
                          Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

All I get is a black page with green writing - no pics and no working links.

What am I missing?
                            ElaineJ soap and other stuff
                            website
                            blog

Comment

apologies to all for my over reaction. Its just when you've been trying to get stuff done for the best part of 2 years, you get over protective. Unfortunately there is a slight alteration having to be made to the website, which will take a couple of hours. As you can tell, we are flying by the seat of our pants a bit and doing stuff on the hoof. Hopefully we can all become friends again. Again sorry for biting, I'll put it down to the stress

Comment

Working...
                              X