Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else suffer with anything like this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else suffer with anything like this?

I am a 6ft tall female and I really struggle getting clothes that fit also I have problems with plane seats (legroom) & theatres, etc.

Anyone else suffer with anything like this?

I am 5ft 10 with size 5 feet!

So yes, I have the same problem, and I have tiny feet, so I fall over all the time!

The hardest things for me are tops that are long enough to reach the top of my trousers and trousers that are long enough to reach my ankles!
    www.beadlab.com

Comment

I sympathise, but I have the opposite problem, I am 5ft 1in. Have the same trouble with clothes, Trousers are far too long. LOL I almost chop the legs in half. My seating problems only arise if all my friends take to bar stools on a night out. Then I need a hand up Hehehe!!! Oh! and down. How inconsiderate of us not being a uniform height, size 8 etc, Must be our own fault eh? grrrr!

Folksy shop http://www.folksy.com/shops/Fairyweb

Comment

I just struggle to get clothes in my size cos I take the most popular size in the UK - size 16. I'm not quite ready to shop in Evans but most of the high street shops sell out of size 16 immediately and whenever I find something I like (or more to the point, something that suits my body shape) there are only size 8's and 10's left on the shelf.

One problem I do have is getting knee length boots that fit around my calves. Standard size are way too tight but the wider fittings are way too big.

Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
          I am a 6ft tall female
          Now, if you'd said that when you joined we could have dispensed with all that nasty 'moderating' stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by Peter View Post
            Now, if you'd said that when you joined we could have dispensed with all that nasty 'moderating' stuff!
            .... and would you still be of that opinon if Michelle just happend to weigh 25 stone?

Michelle - please do not take any offence as the dig is at Peter and his attitude!
            Auntynet

Comment

Originally posted by pepsi View Post
              I sympathise, but I have the opposite problem, I am 5ft 1in. Have the same trouble with clothes, Trousers are far too long. LOL I almost chop the legs in half. My seating problems only arise if all my friends take to bar stools on a night out. Then I need a hand up Hehehe!!! Oh! and down. How inconsiderate of us not being a uniform height, size 8 etc, Must be our own fault eh? grrrr!
              In my single days, I used to always look for the little woman sat on the tall bar stool! I knew she would have to listen to my full chat up routine, cos no way was she going to make a fool of herself by trying to get down while I was watching

Comment

I am not that tall but oh my, Clothes... I always have to re-do the waist (mum taught me how to do it with a sewing machine). She's come over to stay for a few days and I pulled all the trousers that needed something doing, meaning most of them! She does it better than me

I think we're all in the same boat, I don't know who they model clothes on, but that perfect figure ain't us!
                Bead Shop, 91 Liverpool Road, Penwortham, Preston, PR1 0QB, Lancashire. Mon-Fri 10am-5pm, Sat 10am-4pm, Sunday 11am-3pm.

Comment

Originally posted by auntynet View Post
                  .... and would you still be of that opinon if Michelle just happend to weigh 25 stone?

Michelle - please do not take any offence as the dig is at Peter and his attitude!
                  Some women just don't get chauvinism do they?

Comment

I'm the opposite - I'm little........trousers are always too long and cos I've got big boobs jackets and shirts never fit properly.....oh and I can never find a jacket where the sleeves fit properly, they're always too long

hubby on the other hand is 6'3 and he has the same problem as the OP - can't fit in seats on trains, planes or in the cinema
                    www.corrigancards.com

A mind is like a parachute........it only functions when open

Comment

lol That's funny

Comment

Some women just don't get chauvinism do they?
                        Nope - an I'm one of them.
                        Auntynet

Comment

I'm definately the opposite! I'm just 5ft short lol!

Whenever I try trousers on they are too long, and the worst thing is that they are put out in high up places where I can't reach and if I decide the length is okay, the size 10 are a little tight, and the 12s fall down!

There's no way around it except to take them in at the waist!
                          and before anybody suggests it, I am not losing a few pounds!
                          I may consider gaining some over Christmas so that a size 12 will fit comfortably!!!

Oh and I can't imagine who the designers model clothes on to get an 'average' fit because I don't know anybody who is 'average'!
                          You can see that everybody who has posted here encounters some clothing problem!
                          Last edited by Louise88; 01-11-2008, 02:05 AM. Reason: Though of something else to rant about!
                          MISI - http://www.misi.me.uk/store_info.php?user_id=741

Comment

Garment sizes have definitely altered over the years as well - I'm wearing size 14 jeans, same size as when I was in my teens and twenties - except that I'm 2 stones heavier!!

Child wears 10/12 and I was measuring her for a top and found she was more or less the same size as I was at her age - but then size 10 was positively skinny for someone our height (5' 5"and a bit).

I've always found trousers a problem 'cos I'm longer than average from waist to hip and hip to knee, 60s/70s hipsters were a great fit and todays hipsters are sort of OK but not what someone of my age ought to wear!! Mind you I wear a kurta or shirt and always have Tshirts long enough to cover the "waist"band of the jeans.
                            ElaineJ soap and other stuff
                            website
                            blog

Comment

Originally posted by auntynet View Post
                              One problem I do have is getting knee length boots that fit around my calves. Standard size are way too tight but the wider fittings are way too big.

I have the same problem - I've got calves like a shotputter mainly thanks to playing hockey in my youth. Have you looked at Duo? They're a bit dear but they do loads of diferent calf-fittings.
                              http://www.stallfinder.com
                              Twitter http://www.twitter.com/stallfinder

Comment

Working...
                              X