Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cost of table

Hi
    Does anybody think that £45 is a bit expensive for a table at a school craft fair. I will add this is a private school.

Pheeew - did you tell them you were only renting not buying your allocated 6 feet.
    Carol
    God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

At a private school it would depend on you item prices. If you are selling high end you prob will get your money back.
      "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
      my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

Woah! Yes!
        My next fair is at a school (not private) and I am paying 10 pounds plus donating a raffle.
        Unless you are sure that you could make a profit on it, I would avoid it
        MISI - http://www.misi.me.uk/store_info.php?user_id=741

Comment

Have paid £35 at a private school which is enough I think. I found last year that it wasn't always the private schools where I made the most money - all our money goes on paying the fees!!
          www.littlebead.blogspot.com
          www.twitter.com/littlebead

Comment

Plus the people with all the money like to hang on to their pennies (probably why they have so many!)
            MISI - http://www.misi.me.uk/store_info.php?user_id=741

Comment

Originally posted by Louise88 View Post
              Plus the people with all the money like to hang on to their pennies (probably why they have so many!)
              Nothing left after paying school fees I expect.
              Carol
              God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

£40 is the most I have spent.. and thats a lot in comparison, mostly my stalls are £10
                Sarah

Comment

I don't do fairs but it does sound a little excessive for a school fair.

I used to do school fairs a few years ago (with bought in goods before I started crafting) and all they ever asked was for "a reasonable donation". The best one I did, I took over £300 and when I offered them £30 (wondering if I was being mean) they were gobsmacked - in a good way.

I'm doing a ladies xmas shopping night in a few weeks and they've left it up to the sellers what they donate to the charity, just stating that they expect us to be fair in comparison with what we take.
                  Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

wow yeah personally i think that's a bit steep, the only one I've ever considered paying that much for is one of our Highland Games and they get thousands of visitors at it every year.

School fairs I do generally charge 10% of your takings, a donation or a prize for their raffle. I personally wouldn't do one that charged that much.

Comment

I've done a few school fairs over the last couple of years and none have charged more that £10 for a table. £45 for a school event seems very excessive.

Comment

Thankyou again. I will say no thankyou.

Comment

Yes, seems like a lot, private school or not. I am doing a school fair in December and they are charging £10 or 10% of takings - whichever is the higher - that will be £10 then!!
                          Cynthia
                          http://iforjonesdesigns.website.orange.co.uk

Comment

I agree with Ifor-Jones, private or not, £45 is a lot for any school to ask for, I would hate to see their maths program.

Comment

Working...
                            X