Inspiration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inspiration

Almost every minute of every day most of my adult life I have thought of ways and ideas how I can make more income. It is a tough old world out there, so much competition.

At the age of 18 or so I used to make fimo brooches and sold them at a local victorian fair. lol they took so long to make and with little profit. After some time I scrapped the fimo and moved on to "The bean Basket" I would buy small baskets or pots, stuff them with paper, cover the paper with glue and stick loads of dryed beans all over them in sections, kidney, black eye, corn, mungo, and use nuts with shells and pine cones. I would spray the beans with believe it or not, liquid gel spray, it gave a lovely matt shine and dryed in seconds. I got the idea of the bean baskets from a trip to Tennerife back in the mid ninties.
    Next I turned my thoughts to Chalk Boards, I used to get some thin wood board cut with an arch shape, then use masking tape to make an oblong in the middle of the board, paint the outsides green (Green seemed to go with most kitchens in those days) and paint the inside of the oblong with chalk board paint. On the top of the arch I would stick a fridge magnet, usually a farm animal.. Pigs were popular back then, cows too.

I made matching key holders in the same way. all good stuff lol.

I have tried silversmithing and bead jewellery and I have loved making candles too.

Sometimes I would approach rest homes for the elderly as they were not always able to go out shopping especially at Christmas time. They all loved that very much.

Unfortunatly I cannot show you all my ideas because in those days we did not have computers like we have today but I hope I have given some of you some inspiration.
    Last edited by Bentley; 27-10-2008, 12:08 PM. Reason: change title

So what craft are you doing these days?
    full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

These days I make a few candles out of natural beeswax when I have the time, but mostly I just enjoy helping others with their many and varied problems., or just offering advice where I can.

Comment

Originally posted by Bentley View Post
        These days I make a few candles out of natural beeswax when I have the time, but mostly I just enjoy helping others with their many and varied problems., or just offering advice where I can.
        So where do you do the advice thing from. Do you have a blog or something?
        full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

no just friends, or on here, i have no website or blogs whatever they are.

How about you ?. What is a blog?

Comment

I think most of us have tried all sorts of crafts as well. It is sometimes hard to decide whether to concentrate on one particular craft or try two or three alongside each other.

I agree with what seems to be your main point though, it doesn't matter what you sell as long as you enjoy making it and it sells at a profit.

Melanie

Comment

Working...
            X