You guys are soooo inspirational

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You guys are soooo inspirational

I love this forum and all the creativity that comes from it, gets my creative juices a flowing that's for sure!

My main craft is cardmaking, but I dabble in all sorts, and I'm constantly getting ideas of things to try from reading the forums.

Only trouble is, this forum is so good, I spend too long on here and don't leave enough time to do any crafting!
    "Human beings, who are almost remarkable in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so" - Douglas Adams

Blog: http://janscardscraftsandmusings.blogspot.com/
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/JanJackman
    Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...6759167?ref=nf

Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

I have the answer to your problems. If you only take the time to read my responses to threads, you'll soon get bored and be able to work all the hours God sent. I could forward you over a manual on Prototyping, that should also do the trick. Failing that, I have Stanley Gibbens stamp book from 1953 which will definitely make you never to venture onto these screens again ( Message to all - I do NOT actually have a stamp catalogue from any era, so please don't beg me for it)
    www.glowbiles.com. Real Glow-In-The-Dark decorations

Comment

Originally posted by wastril View Post
      I have the answer to your problems. If you only take the time to read my responses to threads, you'll soon get bored and be able to work all the hours God sent. I could forward you over a manual on Prototyping, that should also do the trick. Failing that, I have Stanley Gibbens stamp book from 1953 which will definitely make you never to venture onto these screens again ( Message to all - I do NOT actually have a stamp catalogue from any era, so please don't beg me for it)
      .....................remember when you were wondering why your posts appeared to kill threads dead...........?

Comment

Originally posted by Autumn Faerie View Post
        I love this forum and all the creativity that comes from it, gets my creative juices a flowing that's for sure!

My main craft is cardmaking, but I dabble in all sorts, and I'm constantly getting ideas of things to try from reading the forums.

Only trouble is, this forum is so good, I spend too long on here and don't leave enough time to do any crafting!
        I can totally agree with all of that - between here and Twitter I don't seem to have enough time to craft lol. I need to be more disciplined!!

Comment

I've just had to give myself a major telling off about just that sort of thing! For almost a year now I have been neglecting what's really important in my life and spending far too much time on the computer on forums, blogs, facebook, building online shops on Etsy etc. It is so easy to get absorbed by the fantastic online craft community along the way that you sort of forget what you set out to do in the first place.

Ok, so today I'm having a relapse! I'm logging off now, honest.
          Natalie
          website blog

Comment

Originally posted by wastril View Post
            Oh what a shame cos I was gonna do just that. OH has just rediscovered his stamps. and is buying them like they've gone out of fashion.
            lol
            Handmade jewellery, to buy gifts or just to treat yourself visit my website, commissions welcome or join me on facebook for a chat

Comment

Maybe someone could start a "Craft Forum Members Anonymous" room.

Perhaps not - it would be counter productive. Sorry Mr.M.
              Carol
              God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

I've been trying to restrict myself to evening internet only but you know what it's like when you come on looking for a background paper or a template and think...ooh I'll just have a quick peek to see what everyone's saying....

.....next thing you know it's a week on Tuesday and you've got absolutely nothing done

Comment

Thank God that it isin't just me that this happens to! I could go online foe a quick 5 mins and before I know it the kids are home from school looking for their dinner and still nothing done!!

Comment

Its all about discipline people. Say to your self "ah stuff it, lets spend all day on the forum and hell to work". In this way your guilt is gone and you can enjoy the musings of fellow forum posters without worrying about the work. Job done....cont in the "ramblings of a Wastril", subtitled " how to lose your home and not influence people"
                    www.glowbiles.com. Real Glow-In-The-Dark decorations

Comment

Working...
                    X