elastic thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• elastic thread

I am after some elastic thread (clear or various colours) that would go through a 9/0 seed bead about 3 times. I am making simple seed bead rings and at the moment I have been making various sized ones as I have been using nymo. I now want to make more elaborate rings and think that having some give in the actual ring part would be better.

Can anyone help me locate some??
    Trish

Seed beads are tiny and I think you may struggle to find a thread thin enough, try Beads Unlimited they have 0.5mm in clear or black and 1mm in colours, I know for the 9/0 I tend to use the Nymo thread. I can understand your thought process of the elastic though, will keep an eye on this thread.

Comment

I have some 0.33mm elastic, will go through a size 11 seed bead twice at a push. Bought mine from ebay from herosemineral

HTH
      Carol
      Last edited by Sparklez; 21-09-2008, 10:29 AM. Reason: sorry, it's not .25mm it's .33mm
      Sparklez.co.uk
      Handmade Jewellery

Comment

Agreeing with above the "decent" elastic threads seem to be thicker..
        the only ones that are thin are those multi-strand ones that always seem to frey apart with me....
        Good Luck on your quest, let us know if you find anything
        **FREE to enter monthly draw on my BLOGS**
        Different prize every month
        Jewellery Creations & Shop Blog
        PMC & Silver Clay Hints and Tips Blog

Comment

Originally posted by MuranoSilver View Post
          Agreeing with above the "decent" elastic threads seem to be thicker..
          the only ones that are thin are those multi-strand ones that always seem to frey apart with me....
          Good Luck on your quest, let us know if you find anything
          my 0.33mm isn't a multi strand one, it's the same as the thicker 0.5 and 1mm stuff I use for my bracelets.
          Sparklez.co.uk
          Handmade Jewellery

Comment

I'm going to have a go at a multi strand one that I have found on beads direct that is 0.3mm. Perhaps I should check out haberdasheries.
            Trish

Comment

Working...
            X