Hair Combs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hair Combs

Hi there,is everone looking forward to the weekend?

I have recently bought some clear plastic hair combs and would like to decorate some with beads for my daughter for school but am not sure about the best way to secure them to the comb.
    Is it best to glue them to the comb or thread the beads through something(elastic,bedalon etc) and wrap around the comb.

Any advice greatly appreciated!!!!
    Emma-Lou
    My Blog
    Twitter
    Facebook

Hi Emma-lou

I usually use wire to secure beads to a hair comb, but I often have beads coming up in 'branches' from the comb so I need to use wire.

I can't get along with any kind of elastic no matter how hard I try so I couldn't recommend it!!

If it is just a few beads on the top of the comb, I would have thought a good strong glue would be ok, but you might need to 'rough' the beads and/or comb with a little sandpaper to give the glue something to grip to.

HTH

Claire
    Website; www.midshiresmakers.co.uk
    Facebook Pages: www.facebook.com/weedoncraftmarket
    www.facebook.com/craftshoppingexperience

Comment

Yes wire is the best way to get them to stay on

Comment

Ive made hair combs, hair slides and alice bands for kids before and just used a glue gun to secure everything in place!
        Its quite strong and even if they do come off its simple enough to peel off the glue and glue them on again.
        And that way, you can change whats on the combs quite easily, rather than throwing them away if they get grubby or tatty.
        Rudi

Comment

I agree with the suggestion of wire

I have made some quite simple hair combs with beads and wire

All available from www.mailorder-beads.co.uk
          www.beadlab.com

Comment

Working...
          X