Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the strangest thing you have made??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the strangest thing you have made??

Hey Gang,
    What is the strangest thing you have made!! or even by accident!!
    -The Crafts Social Network-
    www.hobeze.com

hello and welcome to the forum.

The strangest thing I've made (apart from a mess) would be when I was about thirteen.
    My Dad took us to a customers farm one spring time to see the beautiful little lambs bouncing around the fields. It struck me as funny that some of the lambs had tails whilst others didn't and the farmer showed me that they placed a rubber band around each lambs tail to detach it from the body to keep the animals fly free.
    Unbeknown to anyone of the adults with us, i picked up a lambs tail from the field and took it home in my pocket.
    In church the following day I was sporting a stunning bit of jewellery entitled lambs tail on leather! During the service as the place warmed up so did the rotting flesh round my neck.
    full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Ewww!!

Can't top that, but I have pyrographed garden spades, drumsticks, and a midwife's Pinard stethoscope!
      Cheers,
      Scorch

Scorch's Pyrography : www.scorchpyro.co.uk
      Crafts on Flickr : http://www.flickr.com/photos/tanniso...7606138937826/

Comment

A Pangalactic Gargleblaster................................it was a while ago though.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter View Post
          A Pangalactic Gargleblaster................................it was a while ago though.
          And did you get a star at school for it?
          Carol
          God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Just the one...............

Last edited by Peter; 17-09-2008, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter View Post
              Originally posted by Critchley View Post
              And did you get a star at school for it?

Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

I tried to make one of those photo holders that has a base and then wires sticking out with clips to hold the pics - if you see what I mean! I made the base by rolling FIMO into a tube and winding it round and round and then painted it gold. It ended up looking like one of those pretend dog mess things that kids have. Only a gold version!!

So basically the strangest thing I ever made was a golden dog poo!!
                Caroline

Diamond Ideas

http://www.diamondideas.co.uk/

http://twitter.com/DiamondIdeas01

Diamond Ideas is also on facebook!

Go on, add some sparkle to your project!

Comment

I dissected a frog in the highschool, then some rats, then a cat (I was in a biology profile highschool, preparing to become a physician. I burried the carcasses quite superficially. In few weeks the rain washed the ground away and I found the bones whitened. Me and a friend of mine improvised a "tribal" necklace from the skulls of various sizes. It looked gruesome !

Comment

We used to take the innards out of biros and then heat the plastic tubes over a bunsen burner before "glass blowing" them - gave off a weird smell I remember!!
                    www.littlebead.blogspot.com
                    www.twitter.com/littlebead

Comment

Strange creations

I have painted quite a few strange backdrops in the past including a desert scene with a phallic spikey cactus for a well known blue comedian, the background of David Hockneys "Bigger Splash" painting, and mass- produced graffiti walls backdrops for Parasol which were a lot of fun to do.
                      The strangest and worst piece of jewellery I have made was a mermaid tiara which looked completely ridiculous because all the sea creatures were out of scale with a dolphin the same size as a star fish. I had to take it apart as it did not sell.
                      Chris W.
                      x
                      Gemstone Jewellery and Gifts

Comment

I think the strangest thing I've ever made was a crisp packet brooch when I was about 7

Back then if you popped the crisp packet in a warm oven they would shrink , one safety pin later and heyho I had a snazzy brooch,lol....
                        Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes CAN change your life !!

my website http://www.ticketyboo-jewellery.co.uk
                        my misi shop http://ticketyboo.misi.me.uk
                        my blog http://ticketyboojewellery.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by beckyboo View Post
                          I think the strangest thing I've ever made was a crisp packet brooch when I was about 7

Back then if you popped the crisp packet in a warm oven they would shrink , one safety pin later and heyho I had a snazzy brooch,lol....

ooooh I used to make them too
                          www.corrigancards.com

A mind is like a parachute........it only functions when open

Comment

Originally posted by janetdc View Post
                            We used to take the innards out of biros and then heat the plastic tubes over a bunsen burner before "glass blowing" them - gave off a weird smell I remember!!
                            Oh yes i remember that one! Hee hee science was fun! Playing with the gas taps was also naughty but fun!
                            MISI - http://www.misi.me.uk/store_info.php?user_id=741

Comment

My son!
                              Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Working...
                              X