Praise in the post office

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Praise in the post office

I got to the counter after queueueueing at the post office for 15 minutes and the first thing the lady said was 'I love your bag'.It was one of the tote bags Id decorated with a vintage picture and a bit of bling.
    Sadly I discovered this week that the company that sells the pics arnt selling them anymore, which I told her, she was disappointed.

I gave her one of my jewellery site cards anyhoo.
    https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition

http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

Hi

Isn't it lovely whenever you get a compliment whenever you least expect it! Well done I'm sure she will buy something.
    www.mycalicoheart.co.uk
    www.mycalicoheart.blogspot.com
    www.mycalicoheart.misi.co.uk
    www.mycalicoheart.folksy.com

Comment

It's nice when someone compliments you isn't it! Sadly our PO counter staff are a miserable bunch who rarely managed a simple smile and "hello"!
      Natalie
      website blog

Comment

Nice to hear of post office counter staff who have actually been to charm school ;-)

Comment

It was a lady who had served me before, she was chatty then, I hoped id hear 'Cashier numer 6 pleeease' which was her number so I knew Id get good service again.But i wasnt expecting a nice compliment.
          She also suggested places I could try to get the pics from.

Just remembered a lady at work said she liked my necklace the other day!I must be doing something right.
          https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition

http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

Comment

The two post offices i use the most have just closed down
            I don't know how they decide which ones to close! It's riddculous!
            The people in there are really nice too, i don't think the shop will continue very long without the post office.
            MISI - http://www.misi.me.uk/store_info.php?user_id=741

Comment

Your lucky to find someone in the post office that has a conversation with you. Some of ours are really helpful but not chatty others missed out when the charm was being handed out and will only strike up a conversation if they're trying to sell you something.

This was a 'conversation' I had in the post office a few months ago.
              PO: Are you going on holiday? (I was handing in my sons passport forms at the time)
              Me:Yes I am.
              PO: Do you have insurance? (Now the nice thing to say would have been "are you going anywhere nice?")
              Me: Yes, I have
              PO: Well if you want insurance see that man over there (he points) he'll sort out your insurance.
              ME: I HAVE insurance

At this point I'd had enough. Sorry but I don't want to be sold anything by the Post Office. Oh and I am sorry for all those village post offices which are due to be shut down. Its crazy.
              Rant over - now I feel much better.
              Amanda
              xx

Comment

I've started to go to the post office in the next town as every time I went in I was met with rudeness.

I knew this wasn't just staff having bad days as it happened every time, I began to wonder if it was me, so decided to go elsewhere. The staff at this one are lovely, so I guess it wasn't me after all.
                http://spans-stitchin.blogspot.com

Comment

I work next door to a PO and the people are lovely, its like a little gossip shop, very friendly and they give us change when we need it too! (unlike the bank) Selina

Comment

I do not use my local PO but the one in the next village, ours are miserable and so rude. The ones about 1 mile up the road are different and really helpful and nothing is too much bother. Also not sure why but their prices seem cheaper!

Comment

Well done!!

Comment

I use a post office that is on my way to work so when I am heading home I pop in and drop of my parcels. They are lovely in there and have searched my website (cause I always stick a label on with my web addy on it) and are going to place orders for Christmas.

Cheers.

Lisa

Bowed Over
                        Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
                        www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by candles by lisa View Post
                          They are lovely in there and have searched my website (cause I always stick a label on with my web addy on it) and are going to place orders for Christmas.
                          They'll expect free personal delivery of course!
                          Wood Tattoos
                          Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
                          Facebook
                          Flickr
                          Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by woodtattoos View Post
                            They'll expect free personal delivery of course!

Of course - and I will personaly drop it off to them right at their post counter!!!
                            Bowed Over
                            Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
                            www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Way to go Seahorse!!! If those compliments don't boost your confidence nothing will. How about approaching a few local shops now with the knowledge that local people like your stuff!

Originally posted by colourart View Post
                              Your lucky to find someone in the post office that has a conversation with you. Some of ours are really helpful but not chatty others missed out when the charm was being handed out and will only strike up a conversation if they're trying to sell you something.
                              I used to have to use that post office when I worked in Haverhill and I once found myself apologising for wanting a proof of postage slip due to the amount of huffing and puffing by the man on the counter.

Originally posted by Selina View Post
                              I work next door to a PO and the people are lovely, its like a little gossip shop, very friendly and they give us change when we need it too! (unlike the bank) Selina
                              I live practically nextdoor to our village post office and it sounds exactly the same as yours, I get all the village gossip and change when I need it too. When I got the shop in another town they said they'd be sad to lose my business so we now have an arrangement where I drop off my parcels before I go to work and collect the receipts the following day when I drop off the next lot of parcels - saves me loads of time .
                              Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Working...
                              X