Bargain of the year!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bargain of the year!!!!!

I know this isn't about 'craft' as such, but I thought I'd share it with you anyway!

My daughter collects Momiji dolls, and in the shops they are displayed in a proper unit, which unfortunately they only seem to sell in the U.S. In a Worcester shop today which used to sell lots of Momiji we noticed they were selling them off as they weren't going to be stocking them any more, so on the off-chance we asked would they sell the display unit - imagine our delight when the assistant said she was just going to throw it out and we could have it for £5!!!!!!!!!!!!

Has anyone else had a bargain and then walked around with a silly grin on their face, like we are? I'd love to hear if you have

ooh that's great! everyone loves a bargain! I love those momiji dolls, they are sooo cute.

Visit my blog!
    http://peggycrafts.blogspot.com/

www.peggycrafts.co.uk

Etsy shop:
    www.peggycrafts.etsy.com

Comment

Well done! I don't know those momiji dolls, but are they a bit like Russian dollls...i.e. patterned and look as if they might be stacked but with an Oriental-type face?
      My bargain was getting a free lifesize cardboard cutout of Dr Who and a dalek its hidden away ready for when daughter gets a house and can give to her stepson as a surprise! Previously I was given a perspex singleshelved jewellery display cabinet from same place. Today I'm hoping to get a 96 space pigeonhole pine storage unit previosly used in a woolshop that is up for the taking ( If it hasn't already gone).
      Freecycle's such a wonderful place for free stuff Oops MODS was it ok to say that?

Comment

What a fab bargain! doesn't it just brighten up your day

My friend got a momiji doll for her birthday - it was the first time i had ever seen one, and now i love them - they are sooo cute!

Comment

Yes, Spirit of Wales, what you describe sounds like a Momiji doll - they're really cute! And having got our little bargain, Mr Shneebly now doesn't have to make a unit for the Momijis, which my daughter asked him to do several weeks ago!!

Comment

Oh thats just great! It really make your day when you get something that you really want for a bargain!

Debbie
            Debbie
            www.justoneoff.co.uk

Comment

What a lovely tale of a bargain - its great when that happens !
              Mel

Comment

What a bargain!

We've just been to the lakes for a holiday and our car was packed very tightly with not an inch of space left.
                Whilst on holiday I watched (yep, watched) a bin man pick up a perfectly good card display unit and (controlls sobbing!) chuck it in his van.
                I keep thinking about that crad stand languishing on a landfill site when it could have found a loving home with me. .
                Will I ever forgive myself?
                full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

First post!
                  I work in a shop, and sometimes when we are getting rid of stands we leave them outside before they are collected, we get people asking for them, so we ask them to donate five pounds or so to charity for them.
                  If you ever see any 'abandoned' stands don't be afraid to ask!
                  MISI - http://www.misi.me.uk/store_info.php?user_id=741

Comment

Hi Louise and welcome to the forum.
                    full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Thank you
                      MISI - http://www.misi.me.uk/store_info.php?user_id=741

Comment

I love it when you get a bargain.
                        Lizzie

My Pictures: http://community.webshots.com/user/L...host=community

Comment

Working...
                        X