Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember our little box project?

Hi everyone,

I've not been on the forum as much as I would like lately. Luckily things have been going very well and I have been very busy running our craftshapes business.

Lots of you took part in the box decoration project I set up a couple of months ago. I won't go into all the details but basically I sent out wooden boxes to you all and you decorated them and sent me the project tutorials for them.

I put all the projects together and sent them out to my web subscribers. They loved them!!

I am continuing to use the projects to send out to my customers and website visitors and hopefully over time the projects will contribute to traffic to all our sites (links to your sites are included in each tutorial).

Anyhoo, I am going to be doing another project very soon, a much simpler one that I think will be great fun. I will post more about that soon. In the mean time I wanted to post the link to the secret page where all the box projects live so you can see all the completed boxes together and any new members can enjoy them that might have missed the project. I think they are all fantastic!!!

Here's the link:

http://www.craftshapes.co.uk/secret_...projects_1.htm

You can download the PDF files and use them in any way you wish, as long as you use them intact and leave the links in.

Steve
    Handmade woodcrafts - relaunching soon.
    www.kipperworkshops.com[COLOR=Blue]
    Best range of wooden craft shapes and cutouts.[SIZE=2]

I really enjoyed taking part!!

Can't wait to hear about your next project!!

Comment

They look fabby. Shame I didn't have time to take part, maybe another time!
      View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Well done everyone, the boxes are great! I wasn't here when the project was on, but would love to take part in the next one.

Jo x
        Things to make and do
        Things to make and do's Facebook page
        Michael Lovejoy's Art

Comment

I might have a crack at the next one, I had some great ideas after the fact last time!
          www.beadlab.com

Comment

What beautiful boxes and what an interesting project. Its lovely that some creators are very recognisable by their boxes too, almost like a logo.
            It's amazing what variety was achieved as well.
            A lovely job one and all.
            Carol
            God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

what fantastic boxes you are all so clever I wish I was half as talented as you lot
              www.sunrisecards.co.uk
              http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...5877781?ref=ts
              http://www.facebook.com/pages/sunris...all&ref=search

Comment

Super boxes everyone; congratulations to you all.

And congratulations too to Steve for coming up with the idea in the first place and doing all the hard work to make it a reality.

Linda

Comment

It really was a great project and I was very pleased to be involved. Hopefully I can join in with the next one as well... will it be called Craft Wars Episode 2: The Kipper Strikes Back?

Si.
                  Wood Tattoos
                  Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
                  Facebook
                  Flickr
                  Twitter

Comment

Have you been sniffing wood again??!!!

Terrible terrible joke. Although very funny!!

Comment

Originally posted by Critchley View Post
                      Its lovely that some creators are very recognisable by their boxes too, almost like a logo.
                      I know.
                      Si at Woodattoos always uses so much pink in his work.

Blog Website Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by JBJB View Post
                        I know.
                        Si at Woodattoos always uses so much pink in his work.

I always thought that it was the fluffy trim and frilly lace edging that gave my craftwork away... how wrong was I, eh?

Si.
                        Wood Tattoos
                        Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
                        Facebook
                        Flickr
                        Twitter

Comment

Oh. I thought yours was the one with the figure on top!

Can you guess which was mine?!
                          Last edited by Tip Top; 15-08-2008, 07:37 PM. Reason: misuse of apostrophie - JB*JB will shout otherwise!

Comment

Originally posted by Tip Top View Post
                            Oh. I thought yours was the one with the figure on top!

Can you guess which was mine?!

Tip Top

Reason for editing .....

It's APOSTROPHE !!

See ... I still shouted anyway
                            Blog Website Flickr

Comment

Yep, everyone did excellent work. I really enjoyed doing the project. It's true that you can see the style of each persons craft and recognise who did which box.

Steve
                              Handmade woodcrafts - relaunching soon.
                              www.kipperworkshops.com[COLOR=Blue]
                              Best range of wooden craft shapes and cutouts.[SIZE=2]

Comment

Working...
                              X