How do you store yours?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you store yours?

I have umpteen charms, beads, bits and bobs.If I have more than one I put them in bags and put that into one of those multicompartmented(isnt that a long word for me!!)plastic boxes.

I would love to take them out of the bags as its really tough to see whats in the bags so I have to take it all out and rummage around but Im alwyas worrie il knock it over without the lid down and everything will go flying!!

Do you keep yuor bits in bags or are you brave and let it all out?
    https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition

http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

I do both, some are in bags and in drawer compartments and my beads are loose in the compartments with lids and YES! I've been on my knees picking them up many times but I do prefer the instant access.

Fran

Comment

how funny! I'm glad its not just me!

My problem is when making jewellery on the sofa at night I have a really large cork board on my knee, with my bead board, trays of beads, pliers etc etc on it. And I have on more than one occasion knocked it when trying to get up and scattered beads everywhere! I cant tell you how many seed beads have finished life in the hoover instead of in a necklace!
      Liz

EA Cards and Crafts
      Huge choice of papercraft, jewellery and wedding products! Full papercrafts catalogue available.
      www.eacardsandcrafts.co.uk

Comment

"And I have on more than one occasion knocked it when trying to get up and scattered beads everywhere! I cant tell you how many seed beads have finished life in the hoover instead of in a necklace!"

If it happens again and you need to vaccum up beads or small items put a piece of fine, but loose mesh fabric (bits of tights/stockings are ideal) over the end of the vacuum hose - that way you will pick up the items but they won't disappear into the dust bag and you can deposit them into a container which you will have handy (of course!).

Comment

Originally posted by craftdancer
          "And I have on more than one occasion knocked it when trying to get up and scattered beads everywhere! I cant tell you how many seed beads have finished life in the hoover instead of in a necklace!"

If it happens again and you need to vaccum up beads or small items put a piece of fine, but loose mesh fabric (bits of tights/stockings are ideal) over the end of the vacuum hose - that way you will pick up the items but they won't disappear into the dust bag and you can deposit them into a container which you will have handy (of course!).

There speaks the voice of experience!

Comment

There speaks the voice of experience!

LOL!!!

Actually, it's not; I don't do jewellery or bead work ;-) It's just one of those things you remember having heard someone else talk about it.

Comment

I found the diamond from my engagement ring when i fell out by using the hoover and tights trick!!
              full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Working...
              X