Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Sales On Etsy

Hi Everyone,

I have recently launched my new collections on Etsy, however I have not had any sales yet.

Can anyone who sells on Etsy give me any pointers on how to increase sales and how long these things usually take.

I am begining to wonder if my stuff is any good or if I have them priced correctly.

Would you take a look and let me know your thoughts.

www.tigerlilyol.etsy.com

Many thanks

Tigerlily
    Please visit my craft blog www.craftbugs.blogspot.com

Or for craft supplies visit www.craftbugs.co.uk

Hi Tigerlily,
    I'm not an Etsy seller but I have just checked out your etsy shop. Your work is really gorgeous and I cannot see a problem with the prices.
    www.littlebead.blogspot.com
    www.twitter.com/littlebead

Comment

Etsy sales

aaah thank you so much for checking it out and thatnk you for your encouraging comments.

Much appreciated.

Tigerlily

Comment

yeah all looks good to me!
        i've not used etsy either, but on those sites it's apparently good to add things regularly rather than all at once so people are constantly seeing them.
        good luck, hopefully you'll make some sales soon!
        x

Comment

Etsy Sales

Thank you so much for your kind comments and for your tips, very useful.

Tigerlily

Comment

Hi Tigerlily,

Unfortunately Etsy has so many shops that it's easy to get buried. The only way I generated sales was to post a lot, in the forums, and hang around in the chatrooms.

Also, it might be worth looking to try and join one of the street teams relevant to what you make.

Personally I have neglected etsy as it took up too much time, and am concentrating on Dawanda now, as it's he same but still smaller so easier to get your shop noticed.

Good luck.

Val
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Cards, Knits & Gifts with a Personal Touch
            http://Valmade.artfire.com

http://www.zibbet.com/valmade

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

etsy is huge, it's very easy to open a shop there, not so easy to get noticed. advertising is what you need, and there are lots of ways of doing this on the internet for free.

what is your blog traffic like?, a blog is the most obvious and easiest means of self promotion, as blog traffic rises, so do visits to your etsy shop.

my advice would be to visit here, craft boom. read all of the posts if possible, there are lots of tips on promoting yourself and your work, loads of useful information.
              lucykate crafts... blog

lucykate crafts... on etsy

Comment

Etsy Sales

Hi Lucky Crafts and Valmade,

thank you both so much for your very helpful and useful comments and I have taken them all on board and will begin to experiment.

I do already have a blog wich is related to my craft store, but maybe I ought to do a blog for my online greetings cards etc as I have a link to etsy there.

Many thanks again

Tigerlily

Comment

Hi, your shop looks good!

I've been on etsy for a few months and finding it hard to generate regular sales too - the tips from the forums are to list or relist something every day if possible, so that your item stays near the top of the listings, also promote off etsy (have no idea how to do that yet other than post pics on flickr) and post in the forums.

I've just joined folksy as well, new uk based site similar to etsy, its very new so doesn't have the traffic that etsy does yet so we have to hope it takes off!

knit sew crochet hop..........

my etsy shop www.cloudhopping.etsy.com

my folksy shop www.folksy.com/shops/cloudhopping

my musings www.cloudhoppingdesigns.blogspot.com/

Comment

Etsy Sales

Hi There,

thank you for taking the time to post a reply. I found your comments very useful and helpful.

I love your hadmade items, you have some fantastic creations.

Many thanks again.

Tigerlily

Comment

Unfortunately, sales do go down in the summer on Etsy, and this is mentioned a lot on the forums there as a reason for few sales. Because there are so many shops you are best making contacts so that your work is chosen for treasuries more frequently, post in the forums, respond to Alchemy bids and heart other people's work to get noticed on the site. Unfortunately, online marketing is usually not good enough alone, and extra offline promotion is usually how the most successful sellers have managed it. There are projects such as Little Book of Etsy, which I have a link to on my blog, which is linked on my website, which puts together collections of business cards and freebie promotional stuff for giveaways at craft fairs. Doing stuff like this will help gradually over time, but it probably takes a year to get regular sales. :0) If you want to ask anything about this, PM me or convo me on Etsy, my user name is pennydogaccessories. Good luck!
                      Help me out by entering my raffle for a custom art quilt:http://pennydog.wordpress.com/help-me

Patchwork patterns shop on Etsy: http://pennydogpatterns.etsy.com
                      Illustrations and fabricy gifts on Etsy: http://pennydogillustration.etsy.com

Comment

Hey Tigerlily,

Don't worry about not getting sales on Etsy - you're definitely not the only one. Like everyone said, it is such a vast site it is very hard to get noticed.

I've been on since January and only just got my first (and only) sale a few weeks ago.

I noticed that I got a lot more hearts and views when I started going into chatrooms and posting in forums. Also, you need to list as often as possible so that you show up (if only for a minute) on the front page and on the time machines. It gets pretty tedious but I guess you reap what you sow.

Good luck - your shop looks great. And your prices look fine to me too.
                        Yvonne
                        x

My website: www.mymiyel.com
                        My blog: www.mymiyel.blogspot.com

Comment

Etsy Sales

Hi There,

aw thank you for your words of support and encouraging comments.

Your shop also looks fab.

Thanks again

Tigerlily

Comment

Working...
                          X