Wish me luck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wish me luck!

I'd taken out a couple of adverts, 1 with a scots magazine called No1 which is now on the shelf and the other is with the Daily Mail newspaper/suppliment mag. combined with the Scottish Herald and this is due out on Tuesday.

I've never done anything like this before so it'll be interesting to see the response if any from the general public.

I have sold 5 pairs of earrings and a necklace to the sales department of No1 mag. so far! so that's a nice start!

Fran

"I have sold 5 pairs of earrings and a necklace to the sales department of No1 mag. so far! so that's a nice start!"

That's an excellent start, and if the Sales Department like them I'm sure the readers will. You never know, the mag might even do an article if you sell enough stuff to the staff!

Comment

Wow Fran, that sounds like big adverts! Hope you get your money's worth, but selling to the sales dept is certainly promising!!
      Good luck
      Bea
      Bead Shop, 91 Liverpool Road, Penwortham, Preston, PR1 0QB, Lancashire. Mon-Fri 10am-5pm, Sat 10am-4pm, Sunday 11am-3pm.

Comment

The ads didn't cost a awful lot, the No1 mags is newish on the market so that's gonna be interesting and the newspaper suppliment was a call that came off the back of the mag hitting the shelves and I got that at £40 because it was the last space going! (they say!)

Originally posted by Bea
        Wow Fran, that sounds like big adverts! Hope you get your money's worth, but selling to the sales dept is certainly promising!!
        Good luck
        Bea
        With the sales aready made by the Sales team I've paid for about 1/2 the cost of ads, so here's hoping for more. As my sig. says 'nothing ventured, nothing gained'

Fran

Comment

Good luck.
          https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition

http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

Comment

Good Luck

Its tough starting out. I found advertsing in suppliments didnt work very well but jewelery and scrapbooking are two different things. I found the best advertsing method is consistency. Small and always there is much better than big and once. Good luck I'm sure your venture will do well.

Comment

Thank Dotty,

I'm not really starting out as far as making and selling at events go, but the website is new and I'm looking to push it more. So far I've had a couple of small sales yesterday, hopefully more to follow.

Fran

Comment

Working...
              X