Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cupcake size gift boxes

Hello everyone

I have been busily knitting cupcake pin cushions as presents for friends and family and also planning to make some out of felt.

What I would really like to do is put them (singly) inside a cardboard box with a separate lift-off lid, which I could decorate myself.

But I have been googling and searching on here with no luck finding the right size box! Im sure they must exist because people sell real cupcakes singly in boxes dont they? So there must be somewhere that makes them!

I also dont want too huge a quantity of boxes to start with!

Has anybody seen the right size boxes anywhere? They would need to be about 2 1/2 - 3 inches square with a depth of (at least) 2 inches. That is 650-750mm with a depth of (at least) 550mm.

Thank you anyone who tries to help, I very much appreciate it!

Claire x

I found this

http://familycrafts.about.com/cs/col...oxtemplate.htm

any use?
    www.corrigancards.com

A mind is like a parachute........it only functions when open

Comment

Just sent you a pm its where i get mine from for my little baby wash cloth cupcakes

I Love My Computer Because My Friends Live In It

Comment

Hi Claire,
        Here is a link to a page on my website for free templates and full instructions for 5cm (2") and 7cm (2 3/4") cardboard boxes. Hope it is helpful. http://www.things-to-make-and-do.co....all%20box.html
        Jo x
        Things to make and do
        Things to make and do's Facebook page
        Michael Lovejoy's Art

Comment

Thank-you all so much!

I think I am going to have a go at making my own from the templates, and also order a few boxes on one of the website that I want for something else as well.

So all in all you have been very helpful!

C x

Comment

There is also something called a box maker. It's a board with grooves in (the groove being the depth of your box), the front is for the bottom and the back is for the lid and although they may look exactly the same back and front it has all been carefully measured so that the top ends up just slightly bigger, even though you start off with 2 pieces of card exactly the same size. Failing that I have made boxes before now by just having the lid piece of card 1-2mm bigger, scoring all around 4 sides and snipping a triangle piece out of the corners and stapling. You can pick and choose whatever card you want just like the templates.
            Facebook page, Cottage Charms & Cards: http://www.facebook.com/update_secur...20677888001883

Comment

Thanks Nettie

That sounds really useful I will have to keep my eye out for one, might treat myself if it's not too expensive!

C x

Comment

Working...
              X